I'm so pissed

ditchdiggerjcf

Ok, which may explain why there is still an issue. I'll dig up the appropriate link in the morning (too tired now) and you can show it to your mechanic. If he doesn't give it credence, go find another mechanic...

Oh, Permatex copper RTV does wonders for exhaust gaskets...

B

Ok, which may explain why there is still an issue. I'll dig up the appropriate link in the morning (too tired now) and you can show it to your mechanic. If he doesn't give it credence, go find another mechanic...

Oh, Permatex copper RTV does wonders for exhaust gaskets...

B

Here, this has the part # information in it, the studs should be the same as for the zx turbo. The stock studs are known to break so any time the heads/manifolds are removed, it is highly recommended to replace them with the stronger versions. I upgraded to harder bolts but I need to check if they are still torqued properly... :shrug:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=21832&view=&hl="exhaust studs"&fromsearch=1

B

Yes FUELER, they do. They are the same pitch (M8x1.25) studs, just a different material/hardness/grade. Remember though, this is only for WD21s, the R50s (and cousins) have 10mm studs and generally don't have the breakage issue.

DD, I have no idea, I have not used them. If the member that posted that is active, PM him or even email if there is an address. Like I said, I simply used bolts as paying $75 for hardware is offensive. Some people have reported problems of them backing out/loosening up and I have yet to check mine. Too much rain...

B

What length bolts did you use? think a split washer would prevent backing out?

I have also heard of people buying allthread, cutting it down, and using that. not sure how well it would work, since it seems pretty soft compared to a hardened bolt/stud.

:treadmill:

I have also heard of people buying allthread, cutting it down, and using that. not sure how well it would work, since it seems pretty soft compared to a hardened bolt/stud.

Allthread would be a huge no-no

:treadmill:

Allthread would be a huge no-no

Exactly. Just forget you thought that and all will be well.

Here is a discussion about the exhaust hardware. Not sure who is wrong, but most are probably right. Read up and make a choice, or just ask what want. It doesn't seem to be a finished topic... ;)

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=23631&st=0

B

that thread had a bit in it about NAPA studs. Are those worth a flip?

DD, I have no idea, I have not used them. If the member that posted that is active, PM him or even email if there is an address. Like I said, I simply used bolts as paying $75 for hardware is offensive. Some people have reported problems of them backing out/loosening up and I have yet to check mine. Too much rain...

B

I used replacement studs from NAPA and am just about to hit 80K since they were installed. So far, so good :aok: