crapfinder down

Jeenyus

So the beast had a rough drive, kept stalling out, but I was in the middle of nowhere and kept limpin' her along till finally, she just wouldn't start..

So Then after a long walk in the snow I made it to a garage, after getting her towed to there and them looking and me guessing, general idea was fuel pump. Now what a lovely Friday when all I was doing was going to pick up my last pay cheque after getting laid off.

The fuel pump comes in but they didn't have time to get it in, so either rent a room or take a taxi home..$100 taxi later, I'm now home but my rig is in a garage an hour away..

so once shes fixed and I'm hoping that this is the real problem...I'm probably just get something that can get me from point A to B without dying or pray to god she doesn't die anymore, because I can't afford or handle it. oh yeah I love Fridays, FML

So the beast had a rough drive, kept stalling out, but I was in the middle of nowhere and kept limpin' her along till finally, she just wouldn't start..

Had this happen to a D720. Ran fine the day before, drove 50 miles to visit a friend and then another 10 miles up a mountain to collect a bed of snow. Barely made it back to the friends house, it was the fuel filter...

Gotta have it checked out, not jut swap suspected parts. Has the ECU been checked?? Free and easy, it could help diagnose... :shrug:

B

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the advice guys, I had already changed out the filter and checked everything else I could think of. The shop changed out my pump and fuel sending unit, Cost me an arm and a leg but didn't have much choice.

Now it's running like new again, drove for 8 hours on Saturday to get back home.