Check out my $500 find! :)

kafercup

Just did the solder repair on the door lock timer and the locks work perfectly now! Thanks for the link to the repair, it saved me a good chunk of money.:my2cents:

Any electronic device I have that craps out, the first thing I check is for cracked solder joints. Usually fixes it too. Electronics are soldered by machines, they don't check for a good connection when they are finished.

James

Just did the fluids in the transmission, transfer case, and diff's with all new fresh Redline MTL and 75w90. The old fluids didn't look too bad, but the transmission sure feels smoother (and a bit quieter) with the new stuff. :)

Edited by kafercup

why was your gas gauge not working ?

Yea I would like some ideas too. My old sender had open spots so I figured that was why it showed 1/4 tank all the time. I changed out the sender with a used unit that tested good with an ohm meter and it is doing the same thing. The sub tank gage stays on empty too.

James

Yea I would like some ideas too. My old sender had open spots so I figured that was why it showed 1/4 tank all the time. I changed out the sender with a used unit that tested good with an ohm meter and it is doing the same thing. The sub tank gage stays on empty too.

James

There is a power regulator unit that attaches to the back of the cluster that goes bad and causes the fuel gauge and coolant gauge to stop functioning. The Nissan part number is 24866-54A00 and the listed part name is Regulator Assy. I changed mine and everything went back to normal.

There is a power regulator unit that attaches to the back of the cluster that goes bad and causes the fuel gauge and coolant gauge to stop functioning. The Nissan part number is 24866-54A00 and the listed part name is Regulator Assy. I changed mine and everything went back to normal.

I read about the regulator when I was searching, but my coolant gauge works correctly so I'm thinking the regulator should be good. I'm busy working on the front end right now, I haven't checked much for the gauge yet accept the sender. When I get to the gauge problem I will pull the cluster and check it good. Just stacking ideas right now. I read something about a radio shack part to replace the regulator but the link to the info was dead. Can someone repost that?

James