Rip - Rascal

Kittamaru

Today at 3:01pm, our family dog, Rascal, passed away. We had to euthanize him after a severe seizure that left him unable to sit, stand, or even straighten his neck. Treatment would have run a little over 1,000 USD, but only had a slim chance of doing much more than easing his pain, and we had to make the hard choice to put him down. Please keep my wife and her family in your prayers... this is the second dog in a year that we've had to put down (both older dogs, small breeds) and it's hitting her and her sisters really hard.

He was a Shih Tzu, dumb as a brick but loyal and protective... after almost 12 years of good life, he looked at us while we made the choice and almost seemed to nod in agreement... almost like he understood... I think more than anything that's what hurts the most...

Edited by Kittamaru

Sorry to hear of your family's loss... has to be one of the hardest decisions to make. I have been lucky to never be in that situation, but I have lost pets, and I know how hard it is.

I'm so sorry to hear man. Putting loved and loyal friends to rest is one of the hardest things there is to do. :(

May he chase those little skirts and dog bones all over in Doggie Heaven.

I unfortunatly know the feeling all too well man so I'm sorry to hear and for your loss. Try to think of it as not being selfish by trying to make him stay around that tiny bit longer but suffering the whole time.

I unfortunatly know the feeling all too well man so I'm sorry to hear and for your loss. Try to think of it as not being selfish by trying to make him stay around that tiny bit longer but suffering the whole time.

good owners know when its better to let go,then to make them stay...

That's what hurts... I wish we could have tried the treatment (which if it worked would have been total) and at least seen... but we just don't have the funds to do that :(

Had to go through that a few weeks ago myself. It sucks but it is better for them and for your family even if it doesn't seem so right now. Hey Rascal... there's a yellow lab up there looking for a good romp...