Can You Get Stock Size Mt's

petespath

Are you sure that is stock size?? Doesn't seem like it at 27.5" diameter. The 99 had 265/70/15 which is 30.6...

Most MT makers don't go that small but I'm sure someone does. Most MTs are 30+ inches from my experience. First thing is figure out what you have or what is stock.

B

Edited by Precise1
Thanks Nunya

Wrong quote B, but even if I am a dated-15" wheel person... that sounds like a strange size to begin with. Are you 1. Sure thats the size you have and if so, the correct size?(check the sticker in your door jam) There proably is some oddball company that makes em somewhere as B said, but I would make sure your getting the right size to begin with.

Interco makes a 27 inch bogger(or at least they did but I think it was a 14 inch wheel) all tires are diffrent sizes since there is no standerd metric size between each maker,some measure at diffrent stages,uninflated,inflated mounted,unmounted.My roadrunners where half a inch bigger then my micaline,and my good year I got was a full inch bigger then my roadrunners when the michalin popped of the bead...

265/55/R16? :blink:

That's an odd size... and working for a tire company, the smallest MT we sell or that I've seen come through is a 235/75/R15 and it was a Maxxis Bighorn.

I've seen a 225/75 bogger...it was on a four wheeler though...

265/55/16...that was one something(not pathy) stock...I just cant think of it right now...I know it was a import truck tough...I think it was a izusu thing...or maybe a 90s corvette...I've seen them before there pretty wide...my camaro has 60s so yours are wider...its gotta be a corvette tire or some thing like that...

But get the maxxis there pretty good and not to spendy,is your truck 2 wheel drive?

LOL Ok, that sounds better... :D

That tire is 29.1" in diameter and you are right, not many MTs offered for it.

FYI 245/70/16 is 29.5" in diameter, you may find a better selection in that size??

B

Pete...

I believe the 255/65R16 is around 29.0", depending on the manufacturer. BFG MT KM2 has something on 255/70R16, which is 30.3". Its the closest I could find when shopping for a stock-size mudtire and you won't feel the difference. :)

Edited by dududuckling