Toyota Supra Meet Up Photos

Nytrosfinder

So there was this meet up in Concord, NC this past weekend with a good bunch of Toyota Supra's from the southeast area.

Figured I would share the Pictures. I am in one of them with 4 supra's (one is anthracite/gray) and some guys standing out front of them with a hat on.

Anyone on this forum have a supra?

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=566537&page=12

Sick sh*t! :aok:

Nice cars, easily one of the most badass cars to ever come outta Japan. A few in Winnipeg as more and more JDM versions are being imported every year. I'd love to get my paws on a TRD 3000GT just because it's so sick.

http://www.king-buyer.co.jp/blog/imgaes/20060901/DSCN4055.JPG

However, I'd rather own a R33 GT-R first. I do plan on owning both when they become legal in Canada. :)

In any case, I'd take either one without any hesitation. :lol:

Skyline's are sweet! But they are watched for very closely by Customs and its hard (expensive bribery) to get them into the US!

And the TRD 3000GT is Sweet! There was one Supra at the show that had the same front bumper!

Edited by Nytrosfinder

Not really my thing, but I can appreciate the work and love put into them. Pretty damn impressive...

Whats with the exposed TB/cam sprockets? To me that screams trailer queen which I don't really care for. I'd never want that on a car that I drove regularly!!

B

Skyline's are sweet! But they are watched for very closely by Customs and its hard (expensive bribery) to get them into the US!

And the TRD 3000GT is Sweet! There was one Supra at the show that had the same front bumper!

Yeah, luckily we've got this 15-year import rule. It would be nicer if it were five years... Even ten would be alright with me.

Finding a TRD 3000GT is no easy task as I'm sure the few owners who are lucky enough to own one would be quite unwilling to part ways with such a unique machine. I've had more luck trying to locate a Subaru Impreza 22B-STi. Considering only 400 of those were ever made, my guess is finding a TRD 3000GT is next to impossible. :(

Not really my thing, but I can appreciate the work and love put into them. Pretty damn impressive...

Whats with the exposed TB/cam sprockets? To me that screams trailer queen which I don't really care for. I'd never want that on a car that I drove regularly!!

B

Yeah, I'm not sure why that's done... :scratchhead:

I know sometimes by upgrading to beefier cam gears, the OEM covers do not fit. But I know for a fact aftermarket covers DO exist. But I agree, that does scream trailer queen big time. :lol:

The one with the exposed sprokets has a 63mm Greddy Turbo and a ton of internals work. It dyno'ed at 634hp at the wheels!

The whole reason with the exposed sprokets is just for appearance.

was what I was thinking... :gay:

Like I stated before unless there 80s sups they just have that *LOOKOHMYGAWD IM PAULWALKER CANISAYNOSSNOW* look to them

Wow... There's a lot of $$$ under these hoods.... When I was younger, I used to want really bad the 88 supra (white on white turbo)... I think this car still fit with the styling of todays cars... IMO Toyota did a really good job of style with this model... Still love the shape of it.. 4837_95843506.jpg

good post.

The exposed cam gear thing falls into the F&F ricer thing to me. Yea yea, my Eclipse can be considered rice to some(the fiew who have actually seen it on the road) though it's a electricaly plauged 1gen, not the ever popular chick car 2 gen+ ones(I have pop-up headlights :jig: ). 1gen DSM people will do that to fit the 1.8 hood onto 2.0 cars(remove cover+remove insulation from hood=faked out lame 1.8L base car. 1.8 1gens have a flat hood where as the DOHC 2.0 cars have the "power bulge" to clear the cam gears for those who don't know and care) Supra's were never my flavor, even the 1gens but even if it's a complete car culture I don't personally care for or like at all, the work can still be apriciated. I commend the time and effort into someone making what they like, I still ain't gonna like it though or sugarcoat the fact they ain't my style.

clisps are nice,but I like talons(there the same car all made by DSM) but the name talon just sounds better...(in my mind)

Mine has a bit of Talon in it since mine is built out of junkyards and junk cars. Only difference on the 1g-a's(90-91) anyway was the "grill" some badges and the taillights the 1g-b's(92-94) all had differet rear cosmetic setups. Eclipes had my favorite setup with a smoother bumper line and center color bar through the taillights, Talon had the plate mounted high with the taillights, and the Laser had a mostly color matched center taillight with it extending off-centerd through the side lights(the Laser and Eclipse both also having the plate mounted in the bumper, not the taillight area)...if that makes any sence.

No, he drove a Mitsu Starion:

Haven't seen the movie in years... the black Supra you posted up reminded me of it, the Mitsu looks more right though now seeing the pic.

I'm off topic here... I apolojize and give it back to being a Supra based thing here...

Mine has a bit of Talon in it since mine is built out of junkyards and junk cars. Only difference on the 1g-a's(90-91) anyway was the "grill" some badges and the taillights the 1g-b's(92-94) all had differet rear cosmetic setups. Eclipes had my favorite setup with a smoother bumper line and center color bar through the taillights, Talon had the plate mounted high with the taillights, and the Laser had a mostly color matched center taillight with it extending off-centerd through the side lights(the Laser and Eclipse both also having the plate mounted in the bumper, not the taillight area)...if that makes any sence.

I think I know what your saying but,yeah the grills the only major diffrence,the one is a solid piece look(talon) and the other has two little openings kinda like a grand pre(eclipse).But 90-94 they where the same,same engines,trannys and so on.The main reason I favor talons is that little spoiler thing on the back.I'd want a turbo five sped AWD 90-91 model in grey primer if I could choose but not the riced out look to it...kinda like the shep racing one but not as fast...

at the army base down here there are always people selling their cars and at one point i saw an 89 supra turbo t top thing that was white and oh so pretty for 5000 but i'm poor and have no money. it was screaming at me to get it too. its the same year as my pathy and my birthday ha, and its just a hot car. but as far as those 90's ones and the skylines that are already in the u.s. they are so expensive.

Personally the cars that come out of Japan are FANTASTIC Cars, it just depends on what you do with them.

Nismo- I agree with that Paul Walker Comment, yes that is semi a trend, but if you notice in F&tF that supra was riced out with graphics and a body kit and spoiler and all that crap you usually see on a honda civic.

Supra's are a much more elegant variation of "ricer". All I can say is that it deserves respect for the legacy that the car holds.

I mean seriously:

Can you not agree that this car is one of the best things that came out of Japan?