Engine Light/ I dunno

Pathy

My engine light has been coming on, on and off for 2 months, i have a perfectly fine idle, but sometimes after it warms up the acceleration feels a little sluggish but even when it warms up it is still a perfectly fine idle, im leaning toward o2 senser correct me if im wrong.

while the light is on, leave your engine running, slide your passenger seat all the way forward and tilt it. Stick a little screwdriver in the slot on the ECU and turn it all the way clockwise (I think). The lights will start flashing in sequence either 1, 2, 3 or 4 times. Once it flashes 3 times, turn the dial fully the other way. It will then flash a combination of red and green lights. red is the 10's place, green is the ones. This will get you your code. If it's the O2 sensor, it's gonna flash 33 (3 red, 3 green). Then, clear the codes by turning the dial the other way, wait until it flashes 4 times, then turn it back.

As a side note, I had an intermittent injector leak. The failure was detected and the light came on. I checked the code and left it failed. Over time, the thing decided that it had been operating normally for long enough and reset itself. This may be what you are experiencing.

yup, the vacuum leak will do what you said your tk is doing so will bad O2 sensor. check codes and you;ll know for sure.

to reset you ecu do what k9sar said. that's the way...

what's your milage?... if it's down then that's another clue for O2 sensor...

as to the light going on/off. it will do that if the part isn't completely kaput plus, i think 88 mentioned this somewhere, the light will go off after 30 on/off cycles of turning your ignition.

OTH, my light has been on solid for 2 months but i know for sure that the O2 sensor is completely fried which actually helped with the gas milage and performance in general. O2 sensor is 22mm. It can be a pita to remove because of the rust.... Partially why I haven't done mine yet...

good luck.

We were driving back from a mini-vacation and the CEL came on. My wife was behind the wheel at the time while I took a little snooze :asleep: . She slammed on the brakes and ran right over onto the shoulder of the road and turned the engine off. Scared the heck outta me, coming out of a nice dream :blink: . I checked the code right there on the highway and told her what it was. :huh: blank stare. I told her that it was part of the emissions system and had to do with the post processing of exhaust gasses by the catalytic converter. :huh: blank stare. I reset the ecu codes and told her that I reprogrammed the O2 sensor so now it wouldn't be a problem. :huh: blank stare. I showed her that the CEL wasn't on anymore and told her to go to sleep while I drove the rest of the way home.

Thanks guys, i didnt know how easy it was to check the ecu, turns out to be that stupid o2 sensor, well i feel better now that i know.

it's pretty amazing, isn't it? the pathys have definately best ecu i have ever seen. I don't know of any other vehicles where you can run diagnostics etc.. with an on-board computer. for the new Xs you have to purchase a reader. :oops: