I'm An Idiot :(

dunatic

Man you guys are hard on him.... :D If it is any consolation, many of us have done dumber things at one time or another. Good for you for sticking with it to get it resolved.

clap.gif

Anyone care to share a dumber story? I almost sold an old truck I had because I put the ditributor in 180° out of sync and it wouldn't start anymore. rolling.gif

yea i dirlled threw the ecu on my street bike trying to drill threw the plastic to run a wire for the lisence plate lite. lucky for me i picked one up on ebay for 75 dollars real quick. dealer wanted 800 and the others on ebay where near 500. so ive been there and done that. in my defense i just worked a 14 hour day had no sleep the night before and decided to come home and work on the bike. and it was hard to tell were the actuall ecu was casue it was hidden. but lesson learned dont work on sh*t when your tired

Anyone care to share a dumber story?

Pushed a motorcycle home 1/2 mile since it wouldn't start. I dare anyone to push a 500lb street bike 1/2 mile!!

It was 1 15 amp fuse under the seat...

B

the thing to remember about stupid things is WE'VE ALL BEEN THERE

Some more than others... :lol:

Anyone care to share a dumber story? I almost sold an old truck I had because I put the ditributor in 180° out of sync and it wouldn't start anymore. rolling.gif

Search for the self-depreciation alley thread. There's TONS of dumb stories in there, a couple by yours truly. :lol:

Pushed a motorcycle home 1/2 mile since it wouldn't start. I dare anyone to push a 500lb street bike 1/2 mile!!

I pushed my '83 Suzuki GS650G 1km (.62 miles) across town when I bought it. It was not licensed and I had no truck or trailer at the time so..... hills were not so fun.

LOL I was pushing a 79 GS550E so yeah, pretty much the same. The first 100 yards was "Not so bad, I can do this..." and the last 100 yards was "I'm never doing this again!!". A 200 yard 'short cut' was gravel but the only hill was the last 100 yards... :D

B

its okay, i was reading a story on here somewhere, where a guy left a 3/8's inch wrench in the cylinder while he sealed up the block.

BUT

my story is pretty stupid and ive deffinatly learned from it.

now if I can only get these stupid subs working D:

:crossedwires:

• 1 month later...

Man you guys are hard on him.... :D If it is any consolation, many of us have done dumber things at one time or another. Good for you for sticking with it to get it resolved.

clap.gif

'87 Firebird I sent to the junkyard after spending nearly a year trying to get it running after the engine blew. It took forever to find an engine I could afford. I had the engine in, everything hooked up and whatnot.....the gas in the tank had gone bad. :P

LOL I was pushing a 79 GS550E so yeah, pretty much the same. The first 100 yards was "Not so bad, I can do this..." and the last 100 yards was "I'm never doing this again!!". A 200 yard 'short cut' was gravel but the only hill was the last 100 yards... :D

B

Haha, been there and done that too. A guy in a pickup even offered to put it in the back for me and I refused and said I could manage.

Dumb

Haha, been there and done that too. A guy in a pickup even offered to put it in the back for me and I refused and said I could manage.

Dumb

I replaced a fuel line connection at the filter on my wifes '97 Ford Aerostar van....checked some other things while I was under the vehicle to make sure all was good.

Went back into the house to tell her "it's all good now...we can go...."

Hopped in, bragged about how easy the fix was, cranked it up, put it in reverse.....then came a pretty serious sounding "KAACHUNK!!" noise and the van rocked a bit...

Dumbass me forgot to take out the floor jack it was still jacked up on.

(luckily no damage was done...other than my pride.)