Nitrous?!?!?!

ChrisPerna

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should i instal

Problem is liability on putting wrong parts on a vehicle knowingly.

I told him he would need to replace the fuel rails, fuel pump, fuel regulator, ECM, engine and EGI harness, possibly the fuel lines, MAF and TCU.

He didnt like that answer.

*snort*

"I'd like some 350Z injectors please. Oh, and you better throw in a 350z motor, fuel system and electrical/control system while we are at it..."

:lol:

B

Thats about what it comes to.

At that point, why not just go buy a used 350z instead?

(sigh)

We get many kids here that have watched the first 'The Fast and the Furious' and played 'Grand Theft Auto' on their XBox and think they are now qualified mechanics. (BTW: The Master Mechanics have watched all four Fast and Furious movies.)

Add to this, we are in a upper class suburban area, so they have an attitude that think they know everything and we must be stupid. Dont get me wrong though, sometimes we do get some kid that will listen and wants to learn, but for everyoneone like that there are 3 with some hairbrained idea.

If you want some more fun anectodes

I asked a lady this morning if her vehicle had automatic or manual transmission, she stated that she did not know and then asked how she can tell.

Earlier this afternnon ago a woman wanted called and stated she wanted "the right side rear driver side window motor".

I then stated to clarify that "the right hand side is the passenger side of the vehicle, were you needing the passenger or driver's side?"

Her reply was "No she wants the driver rear right hand side". (a restatement of what she just said)

I then stated she wants the drivers side rear. She then siged and said "thats what I said."

The best one this week was yesterday. This really nice older sounding guy stated to me that he had a 2002 Frontier and that "I need parts for my frontier but I dont know what I need."

The best one this week was yesterday. This really nice older sounding guy stated to me that he had a 2002 Frontier and that "I need parts for my frontier but I dont know what I need."

That's a classic!!

B

I know you've already sold the NOS, but just to offer a supporting opinion... I feel you did the right thing and agree with those who suggested selling it and buying pars for your truck. A locker, as 87 suggested would be a great upgrade :aok:

I know you've already sold the NOS, but just to offer a supporting opinion... I feel you did the right thing and agree with those who suggested selling it and buying pars for your truck. A locker, as 87 suggested would be a great upgrade :aok:

what is a locker exactally, im new to the whole 4x4 game.

Police%20Locker%20-%20standard.jpg

thats a locker

jk

a locker is a device on the rear differential that can lock the axle shafts together so that they spin at the same speed therefore defeating the purpose of a differential (basically a differential canceller)

this is done so that both wheels receive the same amount of power since a differential transmits more power to the wheel with less grip

• 6 months later...

id go for the dry shot if you get NOS. also, anyone see those computer controlled nos kits? where you can program what rpm and throttle position it sprays at. program it for like 80% throttle or something, for a shot of extra power for those extra sticky situations.