Running Rich And Missfire

Nismojunky

okay im still trying to figure this problem out, so far ive put a new O2, plugs, wires and Cap, new maf wireing, i still have a missfire and its running really rich, im only getting 70km to a quarter tank of gas and its really starting to piss me off any more ideas?

I am assuming you ran the ECU for problem codes already. Does it miss all the time or just under load? Have you checked the temperature sensor for the ECU yet? There is a thread about it, let me look...

B

When he was up here to do my BL and I was sitting in his truck waiting for him, you could feel it miss randomly, also his idle is kinda funky.

I told him coolant temp sensor but I have no clue if he checked it yet.

Robb, have you checked it yet?

Here's a tip that may lead somewhere. When it's dark out pop you're hood and start the truck. I was having a similiar problem until I did this and could see the high voltage light show going on. Cheap wires grounding out anywhere they could!!! Also check you're grounding, distributor for carbon build up. If you're running rich you're NOT firing. Check each plug for spark. Also start truck and pull one plug at a time (wear gloves if you have cheap wires). I f you pull a plug and the motor doesn't change it's tune, then that's your problem plug! Good luck.

didnt check the coolant sensor yet i wass wireing in new maf wireing and cut my hand open so im going to have to do all this tomorrow, w00t w00t 7 sitches in my thumb best of all the freezing didnt work so i felt all of it :D

misfire is gone it ws the maf it is still running really rich tho im trying to find my backup coolant temp sensor to swap that in i dont think its my wires i took wd40 and sprayed them down and the cap down and it didnt affect the idle

Running rich is a symptom of cracked manifolds.

intake or exaust?

because i have headers for my exaust

i ran the codes yesterday i got

23 Idle Switch

45 Injector Leak

51 Injector Circuit

12 Air Flow Meter/Mass Air Flow Sensor.

23 Idle Switch

45 Injector Leak

51 Injector Circuit

12 Air Flow Meter/Mass Air Flow Sensor.

A couple of errors caused by damaged harness/connectors and/or bad ground? Very common failure for old cars...

Clear all error codes, drive your truck (10-20 miles will be enough) and read codes again.

23, 45, 51 again

Look at 1994 FSM and try to resolve problems caused codes 23 and 51, using procedures described in manual. Pages EF&EC-103..105 (Throttle Position Sensor) and EF&EC-111..112 (TPS Idle Switch), then EF&EC-108..110 (Injector circuit).

If code 45 (Injector leak) will not gone after resolving "23" and "51" problems, use procedure described at pages EF&EC-106..107.