Seats...

Toby

now to do the swap of the seat ( heated ) how easy is connecting the R50 seat relay to the wd21 harness connector for the heated seats on both sides. Could there be even the possiblity of them connecting rite up?

If you got the knowledge to modify seat brackets that much to get R50 seats into the WD21 wiring up the heat shouldn't be so bad. Although if R50's had power you'd have to run all your own wiring for that. it isn't too hard though. I've done it for a few vehicles.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will just say that people like power seats until they brake and have to buy parts. They especially dont like them if they are leather.

Ask someone with an R50 or R51 how much it is to replace just the power seat motor...........

I have had two pathys now and the first one was loaded had all the bells and whistles, power windows, power heated mirrors, heated seats, leather, etc. and the one i have now is only missing the leather and the passenger heated seat, mind you the driver side one doesnt work anymore. I think the wiring for the other heated seat is there but there is no button in the console, yours might be there too.

I have had two pathys now and the first one was loaded had all the bells and whistles, power windows, power heated mirrors, heated seats, leather, etc. and the one i have now is only missing the leather and the passenger heated seat, mind you the driver side one doesnt work anymore. I think the wiring for the other heated seat is there but there is no button in the console, yours might be there too.

I don't think the passenger seat had heated seats. Passenger side heated seats didn't really kick in a lot until the early 00's. I know a lot of cars pre-2000 that are driver's side only heated seats. luxury automakers may have had both though.

I will just say that people like power seats until they brake and have to buy parts. They especially dont like them if they are leather.

Ask someone with an R50 or R51 how much it is to replace just the power seat motor...........

Exactly, a replacement spring for manual control is much cheaper.

The 94&95 LEs had both front seats heated stock.