89 Injectors

ennacac

I have a 89 Pathfinder with an injector that is leaking quite a bit and was wondering what the advice of the forum would be about either replacing it of having it rebuilt?

Also, any suggestions on where I could have this done or where to get a replacement injector?

Thanks

Tom

well I think new injectors for the tbi range 300-400(each) and your supposed to replace them in pairs.... take it to the wrong mechaninc and he could easily have you shell out a Grand for parts and labor.

No f$#ing way right?

then there's python performance who sells reman'd unints in pairs (Possibly modified 'Perforamance') for considerably less but mine always smelled rich and BOTH failed elecrtically in 4 months. I was lucky; an electrical failure of the TBI injector has been documented to led to permenant damge to the ecu. the symptom of this damage is that it seems fine but keeps wrecking future injectors.... (lucky yours is leaking)

so screw python, since the BOTH failed @ the same time...

IMO the best way to go is to find a working set of used injectors or if your lucky enough to find somone good to rebuild yours do that. I try to grab injectors (or whole tbi units with sensors) whenever I'm in the JY.

Both z24i and vg30i units are compatible.

If you go new shop around, you can find them or considerably less. A local NAPA (Independent store not a corporate one) found me a set for somewhere between 150 and 250, I can't remember the exact price any more. It was one item... both injectors, all wired up with the connectors :aok:

If you go new shop around, you can find them or considerably less. A local NAPA (Independent store not a corporate one) found me a set for somewhere between 150 and 250, I can't remember the exact price any more. It was one item... both injectors, all wired up with the connectors :aok:

Make sure to get new O rings for the injectors, dont reuse the old ones!