newish member

Danrocks

Hi everybody,

Ive been on NPORA for a little while now, hiding in the section for Aussies, thought i better introduce myself to everybody else.

Im Dan, from Perth in Western Australia.

My ride is a 1992 Terrano r3m

2.7 turbo diesel

5 speed

2 inch lift with rancho shocks.

recently added 31x10.5x15 inch maxxis bighorns.

94 litre fuel tank from a nissan gq patrol. bolts straight into the origanal mounts.

90 Amp patrol altenator, bolts and plugs straight in

other than that, the old girl is pretty standard, and goes where i need her to without any fuss.

hers a couple of pics. nothing outrages here.

001.jpg

084.jpg

redhill055.jpg

redhill044.jpg

telephonelane018.jpg

096.jpg

esp2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Im Dan, from Perth in Western Australia.

My ride is a 1992 Terrano r3m

2.7 turbo diesel

94 litre fuel tank from a nissan gq patrol. bolts straight into the origanal mounts.

90 Amp patrol altenator, bolts and plugs straight in

Do you have any pictures of these please, esp the Alternator. Did you have any issues with the vaccy pump size for the Terrano brake booster?

Do you have any pictures of these please, esp the Alternator. Did you have any issues with the vaccy pump size for the Terrano brake booster?

hi kiwipete,

the altenator from the patrol, looks the same, has the same pump on the back, and bolts and plugs in exactly the same,so if i took a pick, it would look like the original.

and the tank, looks exactly like the terrano one, except it is a bit deeper. i got mine with the patrol bashplate, which looks exactly the same, except its a bit deeper.

all the holes line up perfectly, all i had to change, was the wiring for the sender, as it has different plugs, but i just cut and joined them.

easy peasy.

better let you know, the tank is from a gq patrol, not sure if other models are the same, and the alt is from gq 4.2td

All very handy to know thanks, very handy to know. I will think about the Alt mod if and when I can source one cheap enough, just had mine refurbished a year ago. My auto sparky suggested there would be little need to go this route as only gaining 20 extra amps for the cost, he suggests a 2nd heavy duty battery would be a better option.

• 1 month later...

Hey Dan, I am watching an auction here in NZ for a GQ tank. If I get it do I also need the bash plate for it too? Assuming the Terrano one will be too shallow?

Having said this, I have done a 2" body lift so I could raise the new tank couldn't I?