Calmini product

Precise1

Dang it B! Why didnt you tell me about this!!! Arrrgggghhh...now until my Calmini stuff arrives, I am going to be worried about the quality and safety...dang.

Well, look at your stuff when it comes in, not everyone gets garbage, some seems to be made when everyone is sober or whatever. :shrug:

Do consider returning anything that that seems to have issues, but I really hope you get good product.

B

Sorry to hear about another Calmini fail. Not surprising with them. I've never run Calmini products, nor will I ever if I can avoid it. I've heard enough horror stories to steer clear.

The funny thing is, I have run products from tons of different companies over the years, and never run into any fitment or quality issues, short of the RC UCA sleeves being slightly too long. Otherwise, everything I've installed on my rig, and others rigs have fit flawlessly, including Hoohaa's first foray into steering modification. I bought the one he had made for himself, and installed on his own rig. This was before he started making products for "the community". Bolted up to mine perfectly.

• Like 1

I was intereted on buying the Calmini idler arm brace, but now I don't know. If I have problems with it sending it back (or not) is quite expensive, I'm from Portugal.

What do you guys recommend instead?

What should I buy?

I was intereted on buying the Calmini idler arm brace, but now I don't know. If I have problems with it sending it back (or not) is quite expensive, I'm from Portugal.

What should I buy?

make your own.

Was also thinking about that, might have :scratchhead:

Is that really the best choise: "make your own"?

That or go pre-owned from someone with a known fitting one.

What should I buy?

What about the one from AC? Idler Brace They're $30 and mine fit perfectly.

I got mine used a while ago from beastpath when he got a Calami used off of someone else here(which I belive he is selling now) and don't remember what brand I is but it was a perfect fit for me. Looks like it would honestly be a simple build though. Thoght about building one just to say I did...

What about the one from AC? Idler Brace They're $30 and mine fit perfectly.

Is that strong enough? Doesn't look as strong as Calmini's.

I got mine used a while ago from beastpath when he got a Calami used off of someone else here(which I belive he is selling now) and don't remember what brand I is but it was a perfect fit for me. Looks like it would honestly be a simple build though. Thoght about building one just to say I did...

I'm more into asking for someone to built one for me, I know now that many people here in Portugal have them built so it must be simple.

Is that strong enough? Doesn't look as strong as Calmini's.

I'm more into asking for someone to built one for me, I know now that many people here in Portugal have them built so it must be simple.

It is strong enough (running AC on both mine), but for the cost+shipping across the pond, it might be cheaper and easier to scratch fab one.

Edited by GrimGreg

It is strong enough (running AC on both mine), but for the cost+shipping across the pond, it might be cheaper and easier to scratch fab one.

x2 they are pretty simple design and you have the idler as a template.

Or do the dual steering box mod. that might cost less and IMO is even stronger.

• 2 months later...

Thats why we got a search function!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:20 PM

date of post #1 ...

I searched, and got good reviews. Why this one did not come up? Your guess is as good as mine...why am I replying months later? Did not know I was getting hammered in this thread...lol

Did you read any posts in here before posting?

Yes brother, I did...that is pretty clear with the post before this one...(that I made) Talking to B...

x2 they are pretty simple design and you have the idler as a template.

Or do the dual steering box mod. that might cost less and IMO is even stronger.

Yes! In the process of doing that now...and will have a GOOD and WORKING Calmini brace for sale shortly...

will have a GOOD and WORKING Calmini brace for sale shortly...

I might be interested in that. Don't know if I will do the steering box mod and I have the bushings to rebuild my idler arm anyway.

B

Its yours then, you want it blasted and powder coated? Gotta go and do some more blasting anyway, so it wouldn't take but a min to get it prepped, and then coat it whatever color....

Uh, sure, black would be great if it is no problem just so I'm not flying Calmini colors... :D

If not, I can sand blast it myself and rattle can it.

B