CORRECT OIL FILTER

suzonka

K&N have good media, good seal, @!*%ty bypass spring

Puralotro, average media average seal POS bypass spring

Frame, Crappy media, crappy seal, crappy bypass spring.

I hae not cut apart a Bosh filter. But i have used them.. they seam to be OK.. I need to cut one apart and have a look.

yes and an OEM nissan filter .see whats in one of them

awesome, I just put a fram filter on my truck.

Oh and a fram auto trans filter and gasket too.

wonderful...

I have seen so many people use them, expecially up in canada. Most of my friends run them.

even though i constantly tell them, GET RID OF THAT THING.

I have seen them come apart (and send crap through your engine), i have seen the bypasses fail cuasing over pressurization and the filter exploding.. ext.

If you can find Wix, you can't go wrong. (i think i ran bosh in mine up in canada because i couldn't find wix.)

I have seen so many people use them, expecially up in canada. Most of my friends run them.

even though i constantly tell them, GET RID OF THAT THING.

I have seen them come apart (and send crap through your engine), i have seen the bypasses fail cuasing over pressurization and the filter exploding.. ext.

If you can find Wix, you can't go wrong. (i think i ran bosh in mine up in canada because i couldn't find wix.)

It's the Napa "gold" filter that is the wix one. That is the one I use.

yes your right about the Pure One filters ,they are good so is the Wix

i'll have to cut one of those apart.

one of these days, i'm going to go buy a bunch of new filters, cut htem apart and take photos' so people can see what they are actually getting.

Marketing is everything.

fram poor quality good avertising = lots of sales.

Wix NO marketing, GOOD quality = average sales.

thats not a bad write up.

except:

He said that the stp and supertech have no bypass, yet i can see it sitting there..lol

The major difference between a good bypass and a poor bypass are the springs.

I.e. you see the flat sping Vs. the coil spring.. the flat springs are not very good and can ware out quickly.

but its good to see that a mobil filter is OK..

What is funny, is Fram was a top rated brand in the 80s.

Yeah my dad's friend and colleague at work is a hydraulics engineer and he said they dropped the ball in the early 2000's. He said the fram tough guard is the only decent one they sell.

great info, I never realized there was such a variance in quality. I'm not too worried about the @!*%ty fram I have in there now because I'll just change it in a couple months anyhow, but I still don't feel that great knowing I have that Fram trans oil filter in there as it's going to be in there for a couple more years and I really don't want to drop the trans oil pan again if I don't have too because that was annoying....

I did find it weird though. The trans oil filter came with two gaskets. One was too large, and the other one was clearly for our trans. However the one for our trans was just built as a symmetrical gasket despite the front driver corner of the oil pan having an indentation. Doesn't make a difference, it still created a tight seal, just seems to be a sign of the overall quality and consideration put into the part considering it's an OEM replacement gasket yet the actual Nissan part is the proper shape.

great info, I never realized there was such a variance in quality. I'm not too worried about the @!*%ty fram I have in there now because I'll just change it in a couple months anyhow, but I still don't feel that great knowing I have that Fram trans oil filter in there as it's going to be in there for a couple more years and I really don't want to drop the trans oil pan again if I don't have too because that was annoying....

I did find it weird though. The trans oil filter came with two gaskets. One was too large, and the other one was clearly for our trans. However the one for our trans was just built as a symmetrical gasket despite the front driver corner of the oil pan having an indentation. Doesn't make a difference, it still created a tight seal, just seems to be a sign of the overall quality and consideration put into the part considering it's an OEM replacement gasket yet the actual Nissan part is the proper shape.

youll be ok with the Tranny filter ,the problem was the oil filters and there bypass valves.

click pn picture to see mt pathy

post-24612-1251533161_thumb.jpg

Edited by suzonka