Quick Release Rear Seats Mod - '90 WD21

SteeevO

I did something similar a while back. Not really sure why I bothered with a grade 8 bolt though :shrug:

Hinge4-1.jpg

so having it that way, it wont let you put the little plastic cover pieces on will it?

the hammock is nice if the weather co-operates. you just have to find a tree or post to park next to. This hammock from Hennessy Hammocks is freakin amazing. It has a bug shield and rain fly that can collect rainwater into bottles for you and hold the fly down in a storm. some of them hold up to 350 lbs, so 2 lighter people could sleep in it, or 1 person and your bag can stay dry off the ground

_Gary%20Sisley%20at%20the%20zoo.jpg

Edited by nige

so having it that way, it wont let you put the little plastic cover pieces on will it?

I could put them in, they fit fine, I just don't. No need for them and they're already cracking with age, plus I'd likely just lose them at some point when taking out the benches.

and jeenyus, thats easy to say when you aren't face to face with a full grown grizzly :) Big as fskc, they can run, swim, and climb faster than you. Having said that I'm more worried about cougars in the bush, just because they're sneaky bastards. But I'll still @!*% myself if I ever find myself between a bear and her cub.

• 1 year later...

Of course you can, smack it with a center punch and just drill the head off.

or take it off with a dremel cutting wheel down the center and pull bot sides out.

Its just mild steel, not un-obtainium or anything lol

well. got it done. took all four brackets off the seats, and put one in the vice at a time and grinded the end with the "X" off. then found some bolts in the massive pile we have. then went to ACE Hardware and picked up some wing nuts for the bolts and another bolt cause we didnt have a matching set of four bolts. now i just have to find a twin or full sized air mattress (or not) and put in the pathy...