im getiing around 208 and 215 miles

on a full tank of gas. i know i got bad wires the tips come off when i pull the wire from the spark plug but i crimp them back on. my plugs are good but will replace them. i put a fuel filter recently. but this just all happened right now. what else causes this besides what i said on top? im saveing up on wires right now thats my concern. truck runs normaly runs real smooth for 182k miles.

Please state mileage in terms of MPG, otherwise it is unclear...

I filled up yesterday and put in 14 gallons @ 230 miles equaling 16.5 mpg. This is almost all city driving...

B

why is that unclear? there are plenty of threads here where we have discussed mileage per tank. and i had no issue answering him as that is a way many peeps keep track of their fuel efficiency.

I have never put more than 17 gallons in a pathy tank at one time in 4 years. Some people say they put in 20 gallons. That's a big difference in MPG calculation.

Miles per tank is vague, MPG is precise. Look in those other threads and I think you will find I have said the same thing in them too... ;)

If someone asked you what your hourly wage was, would you say that you make $40,000 a year?? :D

B

I have never put more than 17 gallons in a pathy tank at one time in 4 years. Some people say they put in 20 gallons. That's a big difference in MPG calculation.

Miles per tank is vague, MPG is precise. Look in those other threads and I think you will find I have said the same thing in them too... ;)

If someone asked you what your hourly wage was, would you say that you make $40,000 a year?? :D

B

i wouldn't tell them. ;):D

17-19 or whatever.. all the tanks are supposed to be the same 21gal, right? besides, who wants to be doing the math when you can just post up your range.. that's the easiest and the quickest way to tell something is or is not right.

What plugs you running? What oil do you use? Is the fan clutch in decent shape? What tire pressure do you use? Have you changed any other fluids lately? Brakes are functioning normally? What is your driving style like? Carry extra stuff around that you dont need?

There are many things that can add to or take away from fuel mileage. My mielage drops in the winter running more accesories (heater, stereo, lights, ect). In the summer, my mielage increases. For the most part, I constatly run between 18-20mpg. Do some poking around on your rig and answer some of those questions.

i wouldn't tell them. ;):D

17-19 or whatever.. all the tanks are supposed to be the same 21gal, right? besides, who wants to be doing the math when you can just post up your range.. that's the easiest and the quickest way to tell something is or is not right.

nope, some have a smaller tank, 17gal, I believe.

Yeah, 215 seems low. Even with my problems Im still getting 300+, about 16-17mpg. Used to get 360 or so, filling up aroun 19 gallons. comes to just under 19mpg.

Maybe look into the oxygen sensor being bad?

94, there's a 17 5/8's gallon tank, and a 21 gallon tank. My truck has the 21, and I average aroudn 350 miles before my idiot light comes on - and even when it IS on, I still only put approx 18 gallons in. Which means I have 3 gallon reserve (which is pretty monster tbh). Average MPG for me is 18-21.

I think if I did all the things the truck needs and replaced all the aging parts (19 year old O2, Cat, Muffler, etc) I could probably squeak up to almost 400 miles per tank, which would be SO frikkin sweet!

My ma swears I have a 16 gallon tank, but I think its a the larger 20 somethin gallon cause I use just over a 1/4 tank of 6 gallons of gas (and get 140 miles outta that!) but she swears it has a faulty gas gauge...

All I know, is that i usually get under or around 280 when the gauge starts to show around 1/4 left, and it usually sucks gas city, but gets great mileage going 55+

Unless you run it until it runs out of gas, you really can't know what your getting 200 out of, if you have a 16 gallon tank, and your actually filling it up when it has a 1/4 tank, 200 seems about right

You could also have a faulty gas gauge

94, there's a 17 5/8's gallon tank, and a 21 gallon tank. My truck has the 21, and I average aroudn 350 miles before my idiot light comes on - and even when it IS on, I still only put approx 18 gallons in. Which means I have 3 gallon reserve (which is pretty monster tbh). Average MPG for me is 18-21.

I think if I did all the things the truck needs and replaced all the aging parts (19 year old O2, Cat, Muffler, etc) I could probably squeak up to almost 400 miles per tank, which would be SO frikkin sweet!

I just replaced my o2 sensor on the advice of an older mechanic when I filled up with gas at his station. He could tell by how my truck was idling when I pulled in and when I started the truck it always kinda stumbled but then ran well. Changed the o2 the other day and it made a world of difference.

i use it for my job and i do alot of stop and go deleivering. so that might be it. i need a tune up for sure i bought the belts cause there cracking. recemtly i posted that doesel was put in my tank maybe they ruined my o2 sensors. but right now i wanna put new plugs and wires and get the timing belt done. i also have a massive leake on my exhaust manifold on the passenger side i need new studs abd a gasket that might be the problem. im running ngk for plugs right now

Well, there you go. You had diesel put in it? How much? Did you get it all out. I would say our rigs are a bit sensitive to being out-of-tune. With needing a tune up and a timing belt, that could be your mileage issue. As well as the leaking manifold. I would put a fuel system cleaner and drier in your tank now and maybe one after you tune it up. You do not want diesel fuel lurking around.

well i changed the fuel filter the same day i found out it had diesel in the tank. but i didnt change it after they cleaned the diesel out. so i may look into getting another one. ther was 5 dollars worth of diesel in there i dodnt put it in there the tow truck driver did. the timing belt dunno when it was changed. im saving up for it its 180 in labor. the exhaust manifold the bolt studs would be 80 for both sides just for labor.