CB Radios

Xetabur

o really it gets in the way down there? @!*% well you could take that plastic part out right above it it doesnt do anything. my old 93 used to have a pocket right there but i guess they didnt dothat in 92

o really it gets in the way down there? @!*% well you could take that plastic part out right above it it doesnt do anything. my old 93 used to have a pocket right there but i guess they didnt dothat in 92

that is where the AT control unit is housed unfortunately, otherwise I would have put a CB in there too.

uhf in center roof consol

IMG_1027.jpg

arial mounted on wheel carrier after i moded it and repowdercoated it black.

wireing was a cow. be careful where the cable runs into the cab. i ended up running under the rear bumper and inside through a drainage hole. and then up the roof lineing

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2658.jpg

Here is pic of where the radio itself is mounted. I mounted in that pocket under the deck then mounted my police scanner/proximity sensor under that. I had to modify the dash slightly to get it to fit in there but if you had a smaller cb unit it would be easier.

486404464_GQHfU-M.jpg

I mounted my antenna to the tire carrier via one of those mirror mounts for semi trucks the ran my wire under the bumper then in to some grommet under the rear seat then sealed it up with some automotive urethane caulking.

I will be painting my tire carrier with the same matte black automotive that's on my wheels and rack so no remarks bout the rust on it :) hehe

524406123_DgCc9-M.jpg

-Colby

Who do I need to kill to get one of those consoles? Nice job on that tire carrier. I'm thinking of attaching mine to the spare tire carrier as well.

find it easyier than trying to work around ariels when under the bonet. i must admit i do have one on the bull bar but it is only on there as a height guageand easy to remove. an old 27meg ariel. i have spotties on the roof and a roof pod. dont want to rip them off in undercover car parks.

• 2 weeks later...

I like where yours is mounted Derek and I think I have the newer version of yours. Only issue I have is I don't have that sweet center console, I have the XE one...Not deep enough :headwall: