JDM compatibility with '95?

jason

The guy at the local JDM warehouse said that they don't stock engines for the '95 because the crankshaft is longer in the engines from Japan. If so, will that be a problem (might get a '95 from eBay or something) or should I just try stickin' a '93 or '94 engine in there? I have everything lined up to do this project and was about to buy the engine until I heard this.

The guy at the local JDM warehouse said that they don't stock engines for the '95 because the crankshaft is longer in the engines from Japan. If so, will that be a problem (might get a '95 from eBay or something) or should I just try stickin' a '93 or '94 engine in there? I have everything lined up to do this project and was about to buy the engine until I heard this.

I dont think thats true.

All of the Pathfinders and most Hardbody trucks came out of one factory in Kyushyu, Japan and then were shipped over here. Any Nissan vehicle with a VIN starting with J was made in Japan. (1 = made in the USA).

The VG30I and VG30E crankshafts are the exact same part on any VG30i or VG30e engine, regardless of year model.

This engine was used in the Pathfinder, Hardbody Pickup and Quest van and others.

I hate this term JDM, it has been so abused post The Fast And Furious movie to either make something sound more cool than it is or to charge more for the exact same thing.

I dont think thats true.

All of the Pathfinders and most Hardbody trucks came out of one factory in Kyushyu, Japan and then were shipped over here. Any Nissan vehicle with a VIN starting with J was made in Japan. (1 = made in the USA).

The VG30I and VG30E crankshafts are the exact same part on any VG30i or VG30e engine, regardless of year model.

This engine was used in the Pathfinder, Hardbody Pickup and Quest van and others.

I hate this term JDM, it has been so abused post The Fast And Furious movie to either make something sound more cool than it is or to charge more for the exact same thing.

I am going to throw this at you.

i don't know what year, or what models

but i do know there was a few VG030's out there that had a longer crank shaft.

so, there is at least some trueth to it

I am going to throw this at you.

i don't know what year, or what models

but i do know there was a few VG030's out there that had a longer crank shaft.

so, there is at least some trueth to it

Probably the VG30DE or DETT.

• 2 weeks later...

What am I, your therapist?

Using a VG30 with the longer crank snout is fine. I bought a reman 300zx engine and it had the long snout. Nissan makes a spacer for the pulley/damper so it will seat correctly. You will also need a new crank bolt and washer.

Spacer: 12308-V5321

Bolt: 12309-16V00

Washer: 12308-77A00

• 11 months later...

I was looking on some used JDM motor sites for a motor for my '92 pathfinder

and a few of them stock a VG30A motor that is specified for use in 91-95 pathfinders O.o

anyone hear of a VG30-A- before??

I just bought a "JDM" engine and had it installed in my 94 PF and I know it came out of a 4x4 as opposed to a quest or similar as the engine was still bolted to the tranny and transfer case and I helped the store unbolt it. But no issues with the one I bought, other than the Exhaust gas sensor that the "JDM" engine did not have and the harness that was clipped to the back of the engine had a cap in the plug. I kept getting a code until I removed the sensor from my "US" engine and swapped it over to the "JDM" engine. than no more code.

I know that the pathfinders were all made in Japan as stated the "J" in the vin number but there is still differences between the US and JDM engines as far as emission equipment and mileage and stuff.