Forum Suspension Talk

TheCrow

this site was raised by Mr. Jim. this is what he had to say about what he wanted: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=389

we just simply uphold it.. and yes, we have been rather laxed in the past but things have been slipping away from these ideals for a while..

of course we want all of you to participate but those are the rules to live by here.

Thats cool.

I completely understand that its your house & your rules. It's also a personal choice to not follow some of them all of the time, I also understand that, that can have concequences. I love you guys (not just talking to mods/admins but most everyone on here) but I'll say what I want, when I want (refuse to live by others' rules) & if that would get me suspened/banned for some reason I would accept that as well (we all make choices in life-some are good, some are bad, somke work & some don't, you just gotta find what works for you). I'm not trying to be confrontational, so please don't take it as such (infact Dan & I have been having a very pleasant conversation via PM's about the inadequecy of the USPS since I've been posting in this thread), I'm simply throwing my 2 cents out there for what its worth.

Okay well...here it goes

If you want to follow Mr. Jims rules and guidelines then there are going to have to be a few changes around here. If you take them so seriously in my part, then ill take them in your part

1. Most all the pics in the De-Motivational thread are going to have to be deleted- due to profane language and images

2. The "poho" thread needs a major do over as the profane word "whores" is used regualarly

And I can keep going.....seriously, I would expect these to be taken care of soon

Yes I know your poor poor favorite section of NPORA..threatened because of the "rules" that have to be followed. Ill start over now if yall clean up what you have to under the "rules" also

I think GoPathyGo summed it up well with his simile

Admins/Mods are the police of forums, keeping the peace is their biggest task. There are always the small % of people saying "FTP" But who do they cry to when their car gets stolen?

Alexrex did make quite a few bad comments about other people and their Pathy's. He pointed out that I nominated a pic larger that the rules, fair enough. Now every pic gets re sized, by me.

At the moment I don't mind doing this, but sometime in the future the over sized pics might just be links as was discussed when TOTM started.

Alex deleted a lot of his posts even the TOTM nominations, which fuggered up the count.

Maybe he should be allowed to be in TOTM as now days people who do wrong seem to have more rights than people who stick to the rules :shrug:

UNCC. I don't know what to say other than you have started some GREAT threads and have post heaps of useful info. It will be sad if you leave, but it's your choice. :beer:

I think the world of 99.9% of the people on this forum, I've had people bend over backwards trying to help. That's why I like this place.

:shrug:

Why are you taking this so personal? I mean really man, let it go.

The poho was started, for those who have been around long enough to remember with the understanding that it was a little more relaxed. No one had a problem with that. And it has worked fairly well. But lately some have had a hard time keeping it in there.

We are trying to get things in order and keep them in their place without locking the whole site down and turning everybody off to it. But you are demanding that we do that? Is that what you want? or are you just acting out because you disagree with one decision that was made, that you don't agree with?

Your not going to agree with everything done, I am not going to agree with everything, nobody here will agree with everything, but that is part of how things work. You just can't keep everybody happy, so you try and keep the majority content. Those who act out and/or complain about everything, and make everyone else's life here miserable are not the majority, they are in fact, the minority.

Something tells me that you sit back after each post proud of yourself, maybe even with a little smirk, but what's the point? Living life means that you will have a lot of choices presented to you, but you pick your battles. Is this seriously one worth the trouble.

When people show a little respect to each other, and post appropriately, everything flows smoothly. Why bother being one to cause problems, it does not help any all it does it hurt everyone.

Why are you taking this so personal? I mean really man, let it go.

The poho was started, for those who have been around long enough to remember with the understanding that it was a little more relaxed. No one had a problem with that. And it has worked fairly well. But lately some have had a hard time keeping it in there.

We are trying to get things in order and keep them in their place without locking the whole site down and turning everybody off to it. But you are demanding that we do that? Is that what you want? or are you just acting out because you disagree with one decision that was made, that you don't agree with?

Your not going to agree with everything done, I am not going to agree with everything, nobody here will agree with everything, but that is part of how things work. You just can't keep everybody happy, so you try and keep the majority content. Those who act out and/or complain about everything, and make everyone else's life here miserable are not the majority, they are in fact, the minority.

Something tells me that you sit back after each post proud of yourself, maybe even with a little smirk, but what's the point? Living life means that you will have a lot of choices presented to you, but you pick your battles. Is this seriously one worth the trouble.

When people show a little respect to each other, and post appropriately, everything flows smoothly. Why bother being one to cause problems, it does not help any all it does it hurt everyone.

All im really asking for is even and fair dispursal of the rules that everyone holds so high here. And looks like you are starting to get angry and nitpicking with the whole comment about the smirking issue.....i mean come on man....im as upset about this as you are, other wise i would not be fighing for it

Edited by 01silvapathy

Is this one directed towards me Scott

why is everybody so upset that i got suspended? why is it so hard for people to understand why i got suspended?

i deleted all my posts (yes, this is alexrex20), and it was indeed a malicious act, as RedPath pointed out. i don't agree, however, that there was mutual communication among myself and the mods/admins. when i was suspended the first time, it was because Precise1 couldn't take a little rough humor. he PM'd me, "i'm awarding you extra warn level," to which i replied, "i always love getting awards!" so he suspended me. was i pissed? hell yes i was, that's why i started deleting my posts when the suspension was lifted.

he suspended me solely on the grounds that i was sarcastic in my reply, and he didn't like it. that's bull@!*%.

as for the post deletions... i shouldn't have done it, but i did. if the mods/admins want to reverse the deletions, by all means go ahead; i'm pretty sure they have the ability to un-delete any and everything that we mere mortals delete.

i don't regret all the rude and obnoxious and harsh comments, though. stupid posts deserve stupid answers. if there's one thing that pisses me off, it's people spewing third-party info as their own personal experiences, especially when they're grossly misinformed.

94extreme asked me, "can't you not read the statements by people you don't want to read?" well, it works both ways. can't they just not read the posts made by people they don't want to read - namely me? unless this forum is implementing double standards, then i don't see the point of actively avoiding an Ignore List function, then criticizing people for posting things that others might be offended by.

if this account gets deleted, so be it. i understand that sock puppet accounts are strictly forbidden.

All im really asking for is even and fair dispursal of the rules that everyone holds so high here. And looks like you are starting to get angry and nitpicking with the whole comment about the smirking issue.....i mean come on man....im as upset about this as you are, other wise i would not be fighing for it

Yo have me wrong here, I am not upset. but I am having a hard time understanding why you have such an issue with this. Based on the fact that you have had little to no problem here, all I can come up with his the suspension of another member. But you need to understand that it was an on going thing there, couple with a total disregard for the moderators. Which is not allowed on most, if any forums at all.

Also we are working things back into shape, because we know that over time things will work out. If we just suddenly started enforcing everything to the letter people will bail and really, do you see that as a logical choice? Because there are eight of use and as a group we don't...even as individuals, we don't believe that is the right course of action.

Try and consider the fact that things happen behind the scenes here and you may try and argue a point that you just don't have all, or even enough info on. There is a very strong point in this, I mentioned it a couple times before and I will say it again, there has been NO attempts at contact to work this out by the other party involved. And that alone says a lot about the situation.

why is everybody so upset that i got suspended? why is it so hard for people to understand why i got suspended?

i deleted all my posts (yes, this is alexrex20), and it was indeed a malicious act, as RedPath pointed out. i don't agree, however, that there was mutual communication among myself and the mods/admins. when i was suspended the first time, it was because Precise1 couldn't take a little rough humor. he PM'd me, "i'm awarding you extra warn level," to which i replied, "i always love getting awards!" so he suspended me. was i pissed? hell yes i was, that's why i started deleting my posts when the suspension was lifted.

he suspended me solely on the grounds that i was sarcastic in my reply, and he didn't like it. that's bull@!*%.

as for the post deletions... i shouldn't have done it, but i did. if the mods/admins want to reverse the deletions, by all means go ahead; i'm pretty sure they have the ability to un-delete any and everything that we mere mortals delete.

i don't regret all the rude and obnoxious and harsh comments, though. stupid posts deserve stupid answers. if there's one thing that pisses me off, it's people spewing third-party info as their own personal experiences, especially when they're grossly misinformed.

94extreme asked me, "can't you not read the statements by people you don't want to read?" well, it works both ways. can't they just not read the posts made by people they don't want to read - namely me? unless this forum is implementing double standards, then i don't see the point of actively avoiding an Ignore List function, then criticizing people for posting things that others might be offended by.

if this account gets deleted, so be it. i understand that sock puppet accounts are strictly forbidden.

This gets better & better...

*reaches for popcorn*

there has been NO attempts at contact to work this out by the other party involved. And that alone says a lot about the situation.

there's nothing to work out. i did what i did; i knew i shouldn't have done it, but i did it anyway. and i got in trouble for it. i didn't see the point in contactign the mods about it, because i got what i deserved (the second time). regardless, i can't contact anyone if i'm suspended. ;)

Alex I will let this go for a few here since your keeping things fairly civil. But this account is going to get deleted but I am sure you know that.

Why did you not email anyone and talk about it. This may have been resolved by simply talking it out.. after of course, you cooled down. After all, you were pissed by your own admission.

There were unofficial warnings, which is what we try and do first. Because it usually works. None of us "want" to warn/suspend/ban, we want members to come and remain a part of the forum. Precise1 decided it was needed, we talked about it and all agreed. I'll give you and 01 a little inside information here, we are talking about your return. If you agree to play nice then there will be no problems. As I said, you posts, help here. but sometimes you really should hit the back arrow rather post button ;)

I'll quote the long standing Number 1 Rule here...

1. Treat others with respect. Do not verbally abuse or attack any user on this forum. That includes belittling a person for asking a question that you consider too simple. We have users at all skill levels here and there is no such thing as a dumb question.

That was your number one offense and it appears you know it too. not being a jerk here, just saying.

We could start heavy handing everything around here, but I don't think anyone really wants that. And I don't want to have to start it.

there's nothing to work out. i did what i did; i knew i shouldn't have done it, but i did it anyway. and i got in trouble for it. i didn't see the point in contactign the mods about it, because i got what i deserved (the second time). regardless, i can't contact anyone if i'm suspended. ;)

Excellent....CASE CLOSED :D

Well I meant more working to move forward and less about the past. And you can contact us by email, all our email addresses are listed on the main site. www.nissanpathfinders.net

Which the header is linked too and it can also be found throughout the guest viewable sections of the forum :aok:

Well I do believe that with those last few posts that my point has been made. Im sorry that I have been an ahole lately, but things have been lets just say rough lately, and such and such.....anyhews ya we'll just leave it at that

Well I do believe that with those last few posts that my point has been made. Im sorry that I have been an ahole lately, but things have been lets just say rough lately, and such and such.....anyhews ya we'll just leave it at that

You are entitled to your opinion...

Try and remember that we did not cause your problems. In fact we went out of our way to help you resolve at lease one of them. Even as far as to keep problem causing posts out of your topic so you could work things out ;)

anyway, i'm gonna wait out the rest of my "alexrex20 suspension," and am looking forward to having it lifted, if the mods/admins will allow. i agree to play nice. ;):D

If (I'm not committing to it :D ) we lift it, we are going to hold you to that!

Everything appears to have been covered quite well but I want to clarify something...

when i was suspended the first time, it was because Precise1 couldn't take a little rough humor. he PM'd me, "i'm awarding you extra warn level," to which i replied, "i always love getting awards!" so he suspended me. was i pissed? hell yes i was, that's why i started deleting my posts when the suspension was lifted.

I raised your warning level the third you time posted in an inflamatory manner in a thread I specifically said only the 4 people involved should post in. Then you gave me a cheeky reply that told me you were not going to listen so I removed you from the sandbox by suspending your account for a day or 3 so I wouldn't have to deal with you.

You were wasting my time, working opposite to what I was trying to achieve and ignoring my directives. If that isn't enough reason to get you out of my way, I don't know what is. I'm not sorry I suspended your account and would not hesitate to do the same again to any member of the forum. Ask around, it's happened before. Am I heavy handed? I don't think so nor do most people who give me feed back. Is there a time to listen to the person in charge? Yes...

anyway, i'm gonna wait out the rest of my "alexrex20 suspension," and am looking forward to having it lifted, if the mods/admins will allow. i agree to play nice.

I have no problem with that. After all, it is all I asked for from the get go...

B