Issue wobbling

pathfinder93x

Hey guys my front left tire seems to be causing some issues.... My steering wheel is wobbling at 70+km an hour, and when i brake it seems like its kicking at me a bit. Im thinking the disks could be shot?

Let me know

Jason Mainella

A warped rotor generally won't make things shake unless you are braking.

I'm thinking more like wheel bearings, tie rod ends, ball joints or something. Jack it up and see if anything is loose or obviously wrong. It could be as simple as a wheel out of balance or alignment needed... :shrug:

B

You chould have a stuck caliper on one side so when you hit the brakes it doesn't engage causing the kick. As for the wobble, it could be that a wheel weight has shifted slightly and the out of balance isn't apperent until higher speeds. (Or like B said, something loose/worn in your linkage.)

my sedan would wobble like crazy all the sudden a few weeks ago going 70....found out there was mud caked on the inside of the wheel....just sayin

As for the brakes, if your pedal throbs, and you wobble a little, it could be a rotor

Don't drive it too much with the shaking. I learned this one the hard way. My truck drove smooth and straight when I first got it, then a tire went out of round and couldn't be balanced, but I didn't have any money to replace them. So I drove like that for a month until I got a free set. Then all was well, until about September and it started shaking real bad. I had the CL and tie rods changed, didn't help at all. Had the tires rebalanced in Kitchener, helped a little. Then i found out my drivers side ball joint (lower) was about to fall apart. Now I just need an upper and all should be well again.

Point is it can damage other components. At least I should be good to go with the front end for a while. Good luck Jay.

I had a really bad steering wheel wobble... and I think I found the problem. The lower control arm link, that goes to the frame. The bushings were worn out, and the link was being worn through. Check that bushing?

thanks guys on the weekend ill take her apart and check it out.... thanks for the advice... ill update when I find the issue.

If it is a jammed caliper anyway of fixing this without replacing... I just redid the breaks and the calipers seemed fine.

If it is a jammed caliper anyway of fixing this without replacing... I just redid the breaks and the calipers seemed fine.

You can buy a rebuild kit, but for the cost and trouble, it is cheaper/easier to just get a whole new one usually.