Hey Hey Dage from Australia

Dage

:crossedwires: Hey all ive been on this sight for a while just havnt introduced myself

Im in Melbourne my story is about 6/7 months ago i had no intrest in 4x4s i had a little car which blew up on me lol

so anyway i went to this car yard and was looking at a panell van but when i got there it wasrusted out and i just said no! i dont want it but......sitting next to it was this big red 1988 pathfinder (it looked big at the time) so my girlfriend said should take that for a spin so took it for spin and brought it!

it was noisy but after getting it roadworthy new rear shocks a new battery and alternater it went perfect so ever since then my obsession for off roading has been growing ive been out four times now each time has been a learning experience and each time im pushing it and going a little more harder than before and thats my story and i love my pathy it is a bit slow being a 4 cylinder but i can say ive been up some steep slopes and it dosnt seem to worry it besides tyres,the ones on it are all terrains which do the job but when you start getting into thick clay mud they tend to clog up.........but thats on my wish list bigger tyres a 3 inch lift some more recovery gear ive got narva spotties id rather light force but dont have that sort money at the moment uniden uhf radio and have just brought a whole lot of bits n pieces i recently installed a saber water temp gauge i want to get it serviced and get a few other small things done just because i dont know the history of it but yeah it runs fine and ive drivin it alot!

Being in Melbourne ive only seen 2 other pathfinders the same as mine i dont really get into the pathy vs toyota or whatever i just get a rush goin off road and i love the forrest parks around melbourne they seem to have evrything from easy to hardcore.

would love to meet other 4x4 drivers in melbourne as i dont know anyone i tend to go out driving with just a mate and no other cars so i dont take to many risks as im limited to recovery options lol

RSCN0494.jpg

DSCN0486.jpg

DSCN0534.jpg

DSCN0157.jpg

DSCN0484-1.jpg

Edited by Dage

G'day Dage

Welcome to the fun house. I'm over in Perth, there are a few Oz people on here. Hope you enjoy the Pathy, mine is a Terrano, so I get the turbo diesel. Dont forget to post up some pics, if your not sure how PM me and I'll run you through it, and pop your head into the Aus thread, we are always looking for more of us.

Welcome!

Being in Melbourne ive only seen 2 other pathfinders the same as mine i dont really get into the pathy vs toyota or whatever i just get a rush goin off road and i love the forrest parks around melbourne they seem to have evrything from easy to hardcore.

I wouldn't worry too much about that, a couple people here have both.

Welcome to NPORA, Dage!!

Congrats on your 'new' pathfinder and getting it off road. It is a blast, isn't it... :D

Yeah, Tex has a pretty tough pathy, for a 2 door anyway... :tongue:

B

Tire carrier on the front? cool!

welcome ;)

yeah i prefer a rear tire carrier but hey thats what it came with i would prefer a arb bull bar and winch but im limited with i can do as its so costly my next mod will be a lift in the next couple of months and if i can afford it maybe some better shocks to smooth out the ride.....cheers for the comments i think i will hang around this forum for a while i havnt had much of a response from the 4wheel drive action forum where i posted a few pics up amongst the egos lol

Thats a tough looking pathy you got there i like it alot

Thanks man.....She's a long way from finished too :D

Yeah, Tex has a pretty tough pathy, for a 2 door anyway... :tongue:

B

:tongue:

I have the best of both worlds TYVM :D

:beer:

A bit dissaponted :thumbsdown: checked out getting a lift i wanted a 3inch lift im told nope sorry maybe 2 and a half but thats it for my car ok what about bull bars sorry nonthing will fit your car ok........what about steel side steps a bit smaller and stronger then what ive got wait for it.........no sorry dont no of any that would fit your pathfinder....ok so i get a im not sure what its called it basicly slots into the rear tow bar and has a recovery hook on it did it fit no!........can i make custom gear no have no idea damn

i did get myself a hi lift jack though and that fits in the back (add sarcasim) i also tryed tinting my rear side windows nooooooooooooo that was the most frustraiting testing thing ive tryed i gave up might try again tomorrow

Edited by Dage

A bit dissaponted :thumbsdown: checked out getting a lift i wanted a 3inch lift im told nope sorry maybe 2 and a half but thats it for my car ok what about bull bars sorry nonthing will fit your car ok........what about steel side steps a bit smaller and stronger then what ive got wait for it.........no sorry dont no of any that would fit your pathfinder....ok so i get a im not sure what its called it basicly slots into the rear tow bar and has a recovery hook on it did it fit no!........can i make custom gear no have no idea damn

i did get myself a hi lift jack though and that fits in the back (add sarcasim) i also tryed tinting my rear side windows nooooooooooooo that was the most frustraiting testing thing ive tryed i gave up might try again tomorrow

If they can do a 2" susp lift, get them to do that and then do a 1" body lift, that way you get your 3" lift.

You should be able to get either an ARB or TJM for your pathy, sounds like you got the typical attitude here in Oz when it comes to Pathy/Terranos. I have read in one forum when someone asked about lifting a Terrano that the best lift you can do on a Terrano is to put it on a trailer and take it tp the tip. They are a greatly under apreciated machine here in Oz.

You can go onto the ARB website and check out what is available to you, if you cant find anything, there have been plans flying around on here for custom front bars, for your side steps you can have a fabrication shop make them up also.

TJM where the ones that told me there wasnt much i could do in reguards to front bull bar and lift the bull bar and side steps was just a enquiry at the moment but im waiting on a reply from a place called wombat 4x4 in ringwood about how much a lift and suspension will sting me geez i hope they dont laugh at me..............they do stock and fit arb and custom gear so could be in luck with them i just want to know in reguards to front bull bar and steps at the moment but the lift i want to get done pretty soon and then i think i will take it easy on the mods i just dont have heaps of money also the fact is what sort of driving i will do in the future i dont want to spend to much money and not use it

i will def check ARB out

I also have a basic question if i do ever need to use my hi lift jack is it safe enough to jack it up under my front bull bars and rear bar like just slide it under and jack it up ?

i couldnt use it under the tow bar ? i dont wanna go 4 wheelin now lol just in case i get stuck im running out of recovery options

hi dage. ive had the same problem with my pathy. went to the 4x4 show in brissy not long ago. tjm and arb do not stock or carry anything for our cars anymore. up to 5 years ago they were still listed in the arb book. i know an arb shop owner (arb southside ) AND HE IS GOING TO LET ME KNOW IF ANY PRODUCTS AT ALL TURN UP AT ALL. but dont hold youre breath. just hit the wreckers. if not try the pcoa forum to. its aussie based. i have made most of my own mods. but it will be the same anywhere. good luck and ill post up anything if i can get my hands on gear....matt (jadm4x4)

Welcome Dage ,

Nice rig mate and it's about time you started 4WDing . lol .( it's awesome Hey ) .

Yeh it sucks that most of the suppliers here in OZ have either given up or forgotton the WD21 , but on the bright side that means that we get to make our own gear and customise our beloved beasts .

For the suspension go 2'' and a 2'' body lift and 33'' rubber as the laws are changinging in OZ at the momment and it seems thats all were allowed without paying serious coin for brake tests .

As Dave said have a look at mine or the others on Members Rides . :aok:

hmmm made a enquiry last week at a place called wombat 4x4 about getting a lift no reply?? as yet there prob just busy il give it another day..........was chattin to a guy at work who is pretty handy with a welder might be able to help me build a custum rear bumper and maybe get a sceond hand arb front bull bar and chop it up and see if we can make it fit early days................its annoying the crap out of me i just want my car set up so i can go 4x4 and have fun on wkends and be able to pull myself out of the sh*t if i need to..

cheers for the comments to Cyril ......still no response from wombat 4x4 i sent them another email i want a lift damn it lol

try east coast bull bars. They do a bloody good job. For the lift look on ebay. Theres a guy nere brissy that sells them for other makes and there is a couple of threads for bolt length on here.

Happy days got in touch with wombat 4x4 went for a drive out there turns out the owner who races 4x4s pro,he works for the cfa anyway recently we had huge fires black saturday fires he was working with the CFA and his staff workers really f****kd him over and he has t sell the buisness but at the moment he is working for Simex tyres and is reopening in a couple of months this guy rally new his stuff and gave me a lot of positive advice with my pathy which was really good........so in about 3 wks im getting him to do the lift which will include a torsion bar rear coils and shocks they dont stock cheap gear so unsure of what brand shocks i cant lift it as high as i wanted but i was reccomended to only go up to 31" tyres because of the way my car is set up and that if i went bigger it would effect performance greatly on my model pathy but im really happy and i trust what he recommended and also asked if i wanted to join there club they have a mix of drivers some just want quiet cruisy drives and they have members who are set up for extream conditions as well happy days.....................so hopefully i will get out and get real taste of action and have some winchs on hand to bail me out lol