Truck pull question.... participate!

LovemyPathfinder

alright listen to this one... Lets say u have two trucks. one is a half ton and one is a 3/4 ton diesel...non dually. well they decide to do a pull off but the half ton dude realize he is going against a diesel. Well the diesel guy, thinking he is all big says, "fine, u can put in 4wd and i wil run in two." That is what they do. dry pavement 80 degrees out.

who do u think wins honestly.

but think about it. The diesel can have all the torque in the world though and if its only in rwd...it will break traction and spin like hell while the v8 will just pull it away, though having a tough time doing it it will pull it away with 4wd traction.

argueing with a ford fan boy at work btw.

even easing on in the trottle of the diesel, and trying not to spin the tires, i think it still wouldnt be enough to pull a big v8 with 4wd on becasue the diesel will just stall out. I mean to take full advantage of the diesel torque, u need to push the gas pedal in because it doesnt make maximum torque by ...easing on to the pedal.

correct me if im wrong.

lets assume big 5.7 tundra vs duramax or cummins HD truck

Edited by pathfinder9035

i wouldnt ever do that. Just wondering. this kid with is 88 diesel said he destroyed a ram in 4wd, and he was only using 2wd with no weight in the bed. I refuse to believe it. And powerstrokes back then didnt have alot of power. 200 hp and about 400tq, that it.

Edited by pathfinder9035

I'd say the gas truck...unless the diesel has wide tires and posi and the gas is open diffs all the way around...the ford could probly pull the ram depending on the year...new hemi easy,360 easy,318 maybe,old 80s rams with a 318 and auto...noway

I say in that case, the engine does not really matter..there are both able to pull pretty hard...So for me the truck that is the heaviest will win because at the end it's that one that will have more traction that will pull the other..

Diesel can have all the torque in the world, doesn't do it any good if the tires are spinning themselves silly. If there was a bunch of weight in the bed of the diesel, then it would probably drive away with little effort. But since you say there's no weight back there, and it's going against a gasoline engine truck in 4x4, the traction is greater. Therefore, that truck has more pulling force than the other one.

And I really hope someone's bumper/hitch gets torn off and launched through a back window.

Edited by Kingman

Chains are dangerous. Use straps. I've seen a chain break.

There both dangerise when they break...that why you use the best as you can aford.

I use ether my strape for the pathy or a chain for pick up pulling...My long chain strached from pulling a chevy z71 avalance out of my pond...took two trucks(lifted up avy on Mickey T Atz tires and one ton turbo diesel Dodge.The jacked up avy had no power and just dug itself in getting it self stuck before the dodge showed up)

I now use a bad ass logging chain for pulling with my dads tractor

if the diesel can idle up without breaking traction (highly doubt this happening) he could maintain until the gas breaks the 4x4 and then drag him where he wants...i've seen pull offs done and all of them used a steel bar hooked onto the hitches with safety chains and they were all done at some motorsports event so it wasn't bubba and clyde doing it

I'm with V on this one, why would anyone consider doing this, unless they were Jackass wannabes trying to make a name for themselves.

The real winner in the end would be the shop that gets to rebuild the trucks.

Well some highschool toolbag at my work said he did. He has an 88 ford f250 diesel and he said he pulled a big v8 dodge ram wtih its 4wd on. I refused to believe him since he is known to bull@!*% a lot of stuff like how he has 750tq and 400 hp out of his old 7.3 diesel which barely makes 400tq stock.

I say a guy make a 1000 hp with a 7.3...then it blew up but was still building the power...the block cracked

My grandpa had a 98 f350 with a lift,five speed and 460...it was a power house.A cummins couldnt touch it.

jap is racist...

Damn redneck.

That post was just bleeding with sarcasm. You guys sound like the hicks who live near me. "My truck will beat yours in a race anyday" WHO THE HELL CARES.

Tell the him to prove the power of his truck...getting him to do a clutch dump at 4000 rpm...if hes lieing then it'll buck and spin a little and if he's not then with that much tq he'll fry the clutch...so you get to laugh at him ethier way...and if its a auto then call him a bunb $hit for not being able to drive stick.Also every kid that I know that drives ford pick ups are douchs...saying how much better and faster there truck is(my mud truck would gobble them up with its 454)then my pathy.I'd tell them yeah well I can climb a tree with the gearing in it.

Also I dont know I always wanted a HD 87-91 f250...ether bb or 7.3 turbo powered.

I love there body style since I have a 89 150

That post was just bleeding with sarcasm. You guys sound like the hicks who live near me. "My truck will beat yours in a race anyday" WHO THE HELL CARES.

I could care less. I just hate it when people say something totally unbelievable.

"My truck will beat yours in a race anyday"

^^that doesnt sound like a hick...sounds like a highschool kid that think trucks are built for speed. ...yuppy.