Brake pads

Hello

I'm going to buy front brake pads for my SE 2003

nissan4parts.com tells me that I need part number 41060-5W585

I've looked for them on some internet stores and they cost about 50$ but my question is:

Is it a set of 4 or 2? To put it another way should I buy 2 of them?

thanks

Edited by vanuatoo

Hello

I'm going to buy front brake pads for my SE 2003

nissan4parts.com tells me that I need part number 41060-5W585

I've looked for them on some internet stores and they cost about 50$ but my question is:

Is it a set of 4 or 2? To put it another way should I buy 2 of them?

thanks

All break pads that i have seen in my life always come for the 2 wheels. This means that if you buy 1 X 41060-5W585, you will get 2 sets of pads or in other words, 4 pads (2 per wheels)..

Hope this clears up the subject ;-)

Edited by fleurys

Thanks people.

So I will buy one. Anyways I don't need them right now, if I receive only one side pads I will order another one again.

Thanks again. :)

A lot of companies out there offer equally-priced parts which tend to perform better and last longer. ;)

I was thinking about that but because I don't know what is better choosing OEM was the safest way for me.

I was thinking about that but because I don't know what is better choosing OEM was the safest way for me.

That's what research is for. ;)

I know Hawk makes quality pads and rumour has it Baer offers a set, too. Not sure on the availability on your side of the world, though. :shrug:

Fueler Fueler where for art thou Fueler?

/\/\/\

This guy seems to have the braking pretty set on his truck...Xplorx4 do you still use Akebono?

I am in need of rotors so sooner or later new rotors and pads....consensus is that full faced vented Brembo rotors are king here!

MY donor rear disc axles had bran new nissan pads in it. (guess it braked too hard and got rear-ended lol) They stop pretty well but then again that's compareing disc to drums lol. I'll be going ebc greenstuf when I get new rotors. then braking will be really sharp, i'm sure

I've been using Akebono pads for about 12000K now with mountain rotors, the combo is holding up well for me. I have noticed an improvment in braking over the oem that was installed before. I checked the wear about a month ago and the pads still look almost brand new. They do squeak pretty loud though when it is really cold it had just rained the night before.

I'm using the powerslot cryo rotors on the front with Hawk SUV pads. They stop pretty damn well. I went with stock on the rear. They have been on for at least a year now with no problems. I had a little bit of a squeel about 6 months ago but that went away. Not a peep since.

Brembo rotors :aok:

Amazon had the best price when I was looking. $70 I think.

I have the pads 4x4Parts sends out. Don't remember the brand... EBC maybe ? Grip isn't that great, specially now that a few thousand miles have gone by. When these wear (and they WILL wear, given how much the Pathy weighs now and given it's a daily driver), I don't plan to get the same pads. Will try Hawk or Akebono instead.

Thanks,

GPG