Roller Coasters

unccpathfinder

Well I went to six flags magic mountain yesterday and rode some kick ass coasters...my coaster experience is limited where the 1st one I ever rode was about 10 years ago when a gf drug me on the steel coaster that used to be at the pavilion in Myrtle Beach. I have ridden everything at Carowinds in CLT as well as everything at Dinsney and Epcot in FLA.

My favorite in FL was the aerosmith rockin coaster althoguh the tower of terror was alright except for i'm not a big fan of vertical drops.

The only coasters I missed at 6 flags magic mountain were dejavu, collosus and superman escape (the whole vertical drop thing kept me off of it but if i was with someone who would ride i'd go)

1. X2 is by far the most bad ass coaster I think I've ever been on

2. Tatsu

3. Goliath (4G's was nice started my G-LOC but wasnt too bad

4. Scream

5. Batman

for me Riddlers revenge and viper were way rough but good rides. I beat up my ears on revolution and that was the 1st coaster for my buddy that went with me and he banged his ear and wouldnt ride anything else...I know i'm missing some others but I definitely want to go back. It's probably been 3 years since I rode anything and yesterday was just awesome

I like most of the ones Ive ridden so far, Its too bad they only last so long :(

My favorites, not in any particular order are;

>Tremors Silverwood (ID)

>Timber Terror Silverwood (ID)

>Space Mountain DisneyLand

>Big Thunder Mountain Railroad DisneyLand

Been on a few others just don't recall the names...

Favorite vertical drops are;

>Superman Sixflags Magic Mountain (CA)

>Tower of Terror Disney World

Favorite water rides are;

>Splash Mountain Disney

>Jurassic Park Universal Studios

Dejavu wasn't to bad though it did have some head banging issues...

I dig the older wooden Coasters with lap bars more me thinks

Edited by SilverPath

well, ive only been on coasters at Six Flags Magic Mountain and the one at Sea World(cali) lol.

Did'nt get to go on the X2 coaster as it broke mid ride that day, and Superman had too long of a wait.

The best in my opinion was Goliath, that drop was freekin awesome. There were a couple of others that were fun too, but I dont remember thier names. I have to try the Batman one again as it was the first one I rode on and didnt make me feel very well, so therefore I didnt like it much, lol. The one at Sea World was fun too as it is a water ride, although short.

yea the one at seaworld was definitely short after we waited in line for an hour but it was still fun...I forgot that I've been on all the "mountain" roller coasters in FL and they were cool although I got to see space mountain in full light before riding so that kinda sucked

x2 cedar point top fuel dragster, that thing is awesome

i never got to ride millennium force :(

magnum xl-200 and mean streak were also awesome coasters

It might sound cheesy but I have been on alot of coasters in my life... all the CA parks Florida parks even some out east but there is just something about a coaster in the pitch black that kicks ass! Small as it might be I really love Space Mountain at Disney in Anaheim really Rocks...

I've ridden a few coasters in my time. this year i want to make a trip to dorney park.

I'll start with the legend-

Coney island cyclone- Bit shaky but it is ancient. If you go,Hit the nathan's at coney too. But...Do it afterward.

In California

Viper- Rode this back in '95 when it was still newish. it's a shame to hear she started getting shaky.

Psyclone- Dismantled. More or less a clone of the coney cyclone. rode it after northridge. wasn't very good.

Colossus- Great ride!

Ninja- This. Is. The. Harshest. Rollercoaster. Ever. Made.

Elsewhere in the east

Great american scream machine- East coast clone of the viper- rode this one last year. Shaky.

Medusa- This is a great ride for those who go. It's now called "Bizzaro."

Laser- It was ok. pretty lackluster compared to the other rides in the park,but she was smooth and i lost a shoe on it.

Talon:the grip of fear- This is probably my favorite coaster.

Steel force- Just about the same idea as nitro.

Nitro- Broke my nextel I90 on this.

Rolling thunder- Classic ride.

Gwazi- Wooden. Huge. Fun?

Kumba- The corkscrews in this make the ride.

Montu- an absolute monster of a ride. in the rain it's especially cruel.

That about covers all of them.