Friend in need

Nytrosfinder

My friend is getting a new car for her 18th birthday and also for college... daddy will buy her any car but with a limit....

anyone with any recommendations for anything not Nissan pathfinder related? (pathfinder is a given)

she said she wants a 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the V8 and i told her the acronym..

Just

Empty

Every

Pocket

Aside from the acronym, anyone else think its a good first vehicle to start with?

anyone think that's a good choice as well?

he said 09 heep.. that's brand new. jeeps really aren't that reliable. if she can have any car, she ought to ask for either a benz, a bmw or an audi.

hondas, i dunno.. seems their quality has dramatically declined over last few years and models. i don't know if i'd trust them right now. yota, same kind of thing.. nissans have their issues but i think they have the strongest stable from japan right now.

check this article first

http://www.newcars.com/jeep/grandcherokee/...pathfinder.html

and this one too

http://www.truedelta.com/comparisons201/La..._code=&aff=

hope this help but ..

Come on guys !!! Jeeps are for girls, unfortunately not reliable as a Nissan or Toyota I suggest her 09 Rav-4 and it will be good choice I never ever have a jeep in my life or my family and friends because we know those give a lot o problems I know may be she is in love with the shape of the Cherokee or the size I understand her (that's what happened to me when I was 18 I was in love of the Ford Taurus :blush02::wub: ) but I didn't know anything about cars now days I follow the family tradition we only have Nissan Toyota GM or VW . We hate Honda here because two facts 1st -They are to low for the bad conditions of Mexico streets and 2nd-Is the most stolen car in history (specially in Tijuana) but I also recommend them to you

Well anyway returning to the issue if your friend want to have a V8 car there are Toyota and Nissan options like the Titan Armada or the Land Cruiser why it have to be a Jeep?

I like my Camry but I wish it was the V6 but I like the Accord more but they just wouldnt give me the price I want and I really loved the Altima's and Maxima's but you have to have a V6 in those b/c the 4 cylinders are PIGS but once again nissan woudlnt budge on their price of the car and i had 2 days to get a car back in 2007 so toyota is who i went with. The Jetta's are nice, the ex had a 2006 that she just traded in on an 08 or 09 Altima or maxima which she wanted from the day that we test drove all the cars listed above when I moved here to CA

but honestly for a "new" driver I would go with something like a 94-2000 accord, altima or camry b/c they're reliable and reasonably priced but if its a truck she's looking for then of course the WD or R50 pathy's, HBs, 4runner or taco. I've thought many of times here lately to try and trade in my camry on a new taco (08 or 09)

She needs to go out and drive the cars to see what she wants.