Tire Options

Kittamaru

I think the 235/75/r15's are going to look a little small but have u considered the Goodyear Wrangler at Wal Mart. They are currently $70. Some stores had them for $55 last summer. This version of the Wrangler used to be called the Goodyear Wrangler AT/S and I had them in a size 31x11.50x15 many years ago. They have a 50k warr. Just a thought. If money wasnt a huge concern I would highly recommend the other recommendations of the Michelin LTX though. I have also liked the Bridgestone Duelers that came stock on the Pathfinder. I run them in the winter with the stock wheels.

Edited by GRNMACHINE

I had a set of Goodyear Wranglers on my old pathy. They weren't anything fancy, but they held up well had decent traction and only cost $50 each at wal-mart.

good luck

Can you still get these? They came with my pathy and I LOVED them! I can't find them anywhere now. I want those ones, not the newer version.

i just took my michelin ltx to some hefty offroad today....

They went through 3 feet of thick, nasty mud, and although i thought i would get stuck, they kept pulling and pulling

Still the NUMBER ONE tire for majority onroad use in my book

oh, i don't, i sunk like a LOG.....but i hit it hard enough that i just kept goin :D

and of course, it always looks bigger when your adrenaline is going, so it was prly less than three, most likely around two :blush:

Edited by OldSlowReliable

i had michelin ltx m+s on my truck when i first had it. they are great tires. Nice smooth ride and decent grip.

I agree Michelin LTX are great tires, but they are not cheap.

Thats a matter of opinion...

a little ova 400 for a set of good highway AND lightoffroad tires, that will last FOREVER and are VERY available....and that 400 is assuming you can't get any deals..

If your looking for REALLY cheap, the kr21 have never gotten me stuck in my malibu, and id imagine with 4wd and bigger tires it will NEVER get stuck....ive driven through a foot of snow or more, and plenty of 4"+ of mud with mine, in a fwd car....pretty impressive to me, considering it weighs nearly as much as the pathy..those are under 70 for a tire

he was looking for a "cheap" tire that is not a cheapo.....

michelin's are not cheap-never have been. there are cheaper tires out there which is the reason I pointed out the Goodyears. they are affordable in smaller sizes but quite pricey in larger sizes. great tire -- absolutely. cant go wrong with them.

re: Kuhmo's, I had a set of Kuhmo Ecsta STX's in 265/60/17. Very affordable but all 4 of the tires had belt seperation within 3 years. I was unable to reach Kuhmo rep directly and unable to get a reply from Kuhmo (via phone or email). Needless to say that will be the last set of Korean Kuhmnoway's I will every buy. These things can happen with any manufacturer can happen, and I realize that. But if they would have replied I may feel otherwise.