Wheels

Nice rims, but no idea on the make/model. Looks like it might be from Australia, judging by the amount of accessories, terrain/landscape, and shape of the license plate.

That rig must have quite the cooling system to have the grille blocked like that.

Nice rims, but no idea on the make/model. Looks like it might be from Australia, judging by the amount of accessories, terrain/landscape, and shape of the license plate.

That rig must have quite the cooling system to have the grille blocked like that.

Well, it's the JDM turbo diesel, that much I know. But yes, I would imagine it would need several mods to support that JDM brush bar/light bar dealy.

I have seen those exact rims on a truck downtown here in Vancouver. I don't know the make either, but they're sick!

What say you track the guy down and ask him for me? :lol:

What say you track the guy down and ask him for me? :lol:

Dude I kinda did...lol. He got on the southbound freeway though, I wasn't about to fight traffic for some info on rims...:laugh:

Edited by Kingman

now where do we buy them in the USA?

Apparently they have a distributor over here:

JAOS USA
11223 EAST RUSH STREET STE G SO EL MONTE CA 91733 USA 
TEL: 626-618-1008 FAX: 626-618-1005 
URL: http://www.jaos.com

And their idea of a Pathfinder has a rear ring on it!

355635.jpg

Alas, looking around the site, there's not much Pathy love :(

Yep, Terrain definitely looks like Oz, I will keep an eye out down here, if I see the rims I will try to get some info.

Ok, I posted the pick up on a local forum, I have been told that they are an old ROH or Speedy wheel that is no longer in production, they come up every now and then on Ebay or in the local classified paper. Another bloke said his old man has the same rims on his Landcruiser and was going to have a look at them, as soon as I know something for sure I will post it up.

Ok, I posted the pick up on a local forum, I have been told that they are an old ROH or Speedy wheel that is no longer in production, they come up every now and then on Ebay or in the local classified paper. Another bloke said his old man has the same rims on his Landcruiser and was going to have a look at them, as soon as I know something for sure I will post it up.

You're hooking me up with tons of useful information! Thanks! :aok:

Those wheels and a QD32, I'd be a happy Pathy man. :D

These are pretty close, have been told they are called either Apache or Phantom by Mullins (CSA), but not sure which one exactly. There is a mag place not far from my place, I have emailed them to identify them and get a price, will post up as soo as I know anything.

sierra1104.jpg

Edited by DavefromOZ

Thanks, Dave! Your help from down under is, without question, invaluable. There's a ton of aftermarket stuff in Australia that rarely sees the light of day. I think I speak on behalf of everyone over here when I say it's great to have someone researching this in OZ! :beer:

Thanks, Dave! Your help from down under is, without question, invaluable. There's a ton of aftermarket stuff in Australia that rarely sees the light of day. I think I speak on behalf of everyone over here when I say it's great to have someone researching this in OZ! :beer:

No worries mate, doesnt take any time for me to make a phone call or shoot off an email. If there is anything else your after, PM me and I will see if I can find it.

... if just for one day CA meant... Canada instead of California... As you say tekazgtr1984... it's the JDM turbo diesel... what a dream...i give you the wheels...i keep the truck ...''sigh'' ''soupir''

Edited by Pinip

... if just for one day CA meant... Canada instead of California... As you say tekazgtr1984... it's the JDM turbo diesel... what a dream...i give you the wheels...i keep the truck ...''sigh'' ''soupir''

Yeah, the TD27 is a pretty good little motor, pretty much all 90'a Pathys here have them (mine does), the fuel economy is alot better too, I get between 650 & 700km per tank.

• 3 weeks later...