It's Deadliest Catch premiere night on Discovery!

88pathoffroad

Great show! !!!! I watched the Northwestern get painted in Ballard last year. And do you remember when the widard split a seam? I watched that get repaired too. Makes me want a fishing boat..... geez... I sem to need one of every toy.. I need a better job. :popcorn:

Yeah there are. Phil especially. That was a close call last season.

Well, won't ruin anything (since I saw it 3 hrs ago) but did you hear them all standing at the fire? Sig acted like he has chest pain, the Wiz captain has mouth sores, Phil...

Well, won't ruin anything (since I saw it 3 hrs ago) but did you hear them all standing at the fire? Sig acted like he has chest pain, the Wiz captain has mouth sores, Phil...

...just heard he's still got a blood clot.

Yes, the Katmai... sad story.. it was from Seattle.. I remember when it went missing.

I know they showed the one body being recovered on the show(and wil probably show more on the next), but did any survive it? Sounded like a snowballs chance in hell as far out as they were.

4 survived, 7 dead (5 bodies recovered)

It was fully loaded with cod and 425 'pots' and was heading back towards Dutch Harbor.

Apparently it took on water in rough seas, lost steering, got caught in a trough and rolled. Seven made it into a life raft but were tossed and rolled repeatedly by the 20+ foot waves. Three of the men disappeared the first time the raft was rolled by a monster wave.

Edited by k9sar

My favorite show. Makes me appreciate my job a little more. I worry about being laid off, they worry about living another day. Puts in perspective for you.

Now we have HD, it is so sweet, especially the scenery shots on DCatch.

• 3 weeks later...

great show, I know twin brothers who went up and did that for a season. they never went back, said it was the hardest thing they have ever done, although fun and exciting and paid well.

The episode last night about the ship that went down and the Coast Guard search, all the guys were from Washington and Oregon. A few from Vancouver and Camas, WA where I live! I was shocked.