biggest tire that can stuff into the rear fender?

alexrex20

for some reason, i have some fascination with not lifting my pathfinder. i want to do front/rear lockers and full armor/sliders. i could look bone stock and still scrape, bang, slide, and grind my way over the rocks...

your crazy! :crossedwires:

are you gonna integrate a DOM fender rail into the fender like that X has? or just coppy the trim only?

That pic gives me some ideas...

You could do what someone I know did, make tube fenders that ran the outside of the front cut out fender, down to the rockers for protection, and back over the rear fender and into the back bumper. It was sick.

This thread comes to mind:

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...t=0&start=0

Looks like you can fit 33s with extensive modding... :shrug:

Edited by Kingman

I'm really curious to see what you do with this. I still want to lift my pathy a couple inches but eventually wanted to fit 33"s through fender trimming.

While I didn't actually measure (since I'm not actually doing anything at this point) the rear wheelwells have a lot more clearnance behind the tire without the bumper/mudflaps than in front of it. There seems to be a lot of room to trim the rear fenders with the exception of the front, you might be able to gain an inch of clearance there. Anyway 33s obviously work because that guy who makes the SFDs runs them.

I think your limiting factor would end up being the strength of the axles and having enough power to turn the wheels if you have no objections to cutting. Theoretically with the some sort of small susp lift and a lot of cutting you could fit some pretty big tires.

Well i had a 265/75/16 BFG's on a 16x8 rim, which is equal to a 31.5" ..... on stock suspension, even with a lot of trimming it was still hitting in the back on hard bumps.

Stock suspension:

P7150156.jpg

P7150154.jpg

Look at these 31.5's and think about how stupid 33's would look...

my advice is: dont waste your time with stock suspension. i wish i would have lifted mine sooner.

Edited by FUELER

the H233B/R200A combo should hold up just fine with 34s. i'm running 4.6s so i should have decent power to turn them on the highway. it's already slow, so it's not going to bother me if it's a little bit slower. :rofl:

Yup, Max had 37's on his and turned 'em no problem. :aok:

damn, and i'm struggling to fit 34s? :suicide:

Bone-stock set-up, that's a problem... With a subframe drop and 2" coils I bet 39's would fit without a problem. Even with a SFD/coil lift, I'd be happy with 35's at the largest. Hell, even 33's would be fine as long as they were some 10" tread width MT's. :D

Theres no way youll fit 34s with just an AC lift, The max you can use with the AC lift is a 32. Its not so much trimming your fenders, its more of trimming your pinch seam so you can actually make turns. You had to use a specific offset on a wheel so you can clear the strut so you cant just suck the tire in more to be able to turn with 34s. My white pathfinder had the SFD and AC coils and i had 33x12.50R15 goodyear MTRs my black pathy was slightly higher then the white one and i had 33x12.50R15 BFG KM2s and still had to trim a decent amount. Why dont you just get a lift? Theres no way you'll fit anything over a 35" tire with just a 6" lift, 2" coils+SFD. I have a 6-7" lift on my titan and i still had to trim to run 37s... Oh and it'll be a nightmare turning anything over a 33 on the freeway. My white pathfinder just sucked on the freeway but i had 4.3 gears and an automatic, my xterra with 33s had 4.6 gears and a manual and it was alright.. But my VQ+5speed pathy was awesome. I had no problem turning 33s on 4.3 gears.

I wouldnt run anything over a 35 on an r50, theres no point. Unless you SAS it of course then it opens a new row of doors.

I wasnt saying you were going with a 35.. i was just stating so people can refer back to this post so we dont have more stuff like this in the future. But thats cool.. some of us like to keep the fenders though, i just really dont understand why people chop the @!*% out of the fenders like that xterra. It'll sure be interesting seeing an r50 on 33s with stock height.

The 33's are going to rub, no mater how much trimming you do and pushing the metal back. I have enough problem with the 32's BFG"s. To this day I can't figure where the rubbing is coming from when backing up. Also cutting the fenders isn't going to help either. The rubbing will be toward rear in the inside fender well (when you turn you're wheel tightly)in which will be much worse that the 32's and will look like crap too me. that is just my opinion.

Edited by Thunderbolt

Here is the def of a bro-hoe according to the urban dictionary...

A bro hoe is a white girl who hangs out with "bro's" that dirtbike. They die their hair half blonde, half black. Wear brands such as Skin, SoCal, and SRH. They like to smoke weed, drink beer, be ignorant, oh and they DGAF (don't give a F.) You can usually find these types of fake girls at the mall, in No Fear stores... or at southern California teen parties, usually doing a keg stand or smoking a bong.

Basically a b!tch who thinks she's one of the guys because she rolls with his crew, but those guys only chill with her because she gives them...you guessed it.

A bro hoe typically wears bandannas, drives lifted trucks, over do their mascara, have belly-button piercings that flaunt their beer belly, smoke and drink to prove to the "bro's" that they're chill.

Edited by 01silvapathy