Sad Sad Day :o

OldSlowReliable

Well, today my ma (the legal owner of the pathy) came to the decision that until i can buy, and pay 1/2 the insurance of the pathfinder, i cannot modify or use it offroad... Which she paid 4000 for it, and she wants me to pay 1000 (im only $900 short atm) so it looks like the pathfinder is a no-go :(

Sad day, but when i DO get the $$ ill be back! And until then....im going to work on my malibu (oh my god, im going to become a ricer...)

Thanks guys and gals :-)

Just because you cant modify it YET doesnt mean you cant participate and gather information from the forum

Agreed... It's always better to read ahead and gain knowledge before jumping right in on something without any prior knowledge....

I believe the malibu is his moms too... ?? so selling it might not be an option..... youth + lack of $ = screwed

Yeah...they are both my moms, and im only fully insured on the malibu, and it is my DD

Plus, the insurance for a 16-20 yo guy for a SUV will be impossible, i wouldn't be able to DRIVE it after paying the cost to buy, insurance, and gas, lol

One day if i get some xtra cash ill be able to modify it, and TRUST me ive spent more time than anyone should researching already on here, and i WILL be back sooner or later, but i will probably be putting some of that cash into my malibu instead to keep that in good shape lol

Trust me, ill still be here bugging you guys with stupid questions after using the SEARCH of course :P there is lots of work to be done on BOTH

:)

PS- I will get the malibu for FREE once i graduate, so in the end it will be a better investment to start with, but ill still love my beloved wd21 :D

Edited by OldSlowReliable

PS- I will get the malibu for FREE once i graduate, so in the end it will be a better investment to start with, but ill still love my beloved wd21 :D

Problem solved then, sell the Malibu back to your mum and buy the Pathy... Or just keep nagging until she gives in and gives you the Pathy instead.

A Malibu made after the 70s is never a "good" investment....

Well, its a free car that runs great, gets good gas mileage, cheapo insurance, and should last a very long time, just like pathy :)

So in the end it will only save me $$, but ill def work on naggin her to let me! :D...but the biggest issue i had was it would be around 500-1000 for lift, and steering stuff, plus around 1000 for the wheels/tires....and she is selling it as soon as i go to college cause there will be noone to drive or care for it :S

I say instead of buying a lift, do the Jeep Grand Cherokee coils in the rear, and then turn your Torsion bars roughly 75-85% up... then align it....

And btw... I am in the same boat bro... gonna be building mine up and possibly selling it for college.... reason why i say possibly is cause i have sorta fallen in love with the car....

I say instead of buying a lift, do the Jeep Grand Cherokee coils in the rear, and then turn your Torsion bars roughly 75-85% up... then align it....

And btw... I am in the same boat bro... gonna be building mine up and possibly selling it for college.... reason why i say possibly is cause i have sorta fallen in love with the car....

Well, see, the money isn't the big object, its that my ma won't LET me do it :\ even though she has a 2003 JGC overland <_<

I nagged and now shes even firmer on her decision...DOH, lol

Nothing is really yours when your his age, live at home, and are in school.... lol.... sucks but true. :thumbsdown:

True, but for what is worth, I used to have a Pathy and had to get rid of it a few months ago, today I bought another one and while I was Pathy-less I would still read the posts from time to time. I guess once you have one you can't stay away from them.

True, but for what is worth, I used to have a Pathy and had to get rid of it a few months ago, today I bought another one and while I was Pathy-less I would still read the posts from time to time. I guess once you have one you can't stay away from them.

Lol...addicted to wd21

Yeah...they are both my moms, and im only fully insured on the malibu, and it is my DD

Plus, the insurance for a 16-20 yo guy for a SUV will be impossible, i wouldn't be able to DRIVE it after paying the cost to buy, insurance, and gas, lol

One day if i get some xtra cash ill be able to modify it, and TRUST me ive spent more time than anyone should researching already on here, and i WILL be back sooner or later, but i will probably be putting some of that cash into my malibu instead to keep that in good shape lol

Trust me, ill still be here bugging you guys with stupid questions after using the SEARCH of course :P there is lots of work to be done on BOTH

:)

I was on geico in seattle, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, paid 250 a month for 4 months, then two months off on a six month policy, on my pathy. paying about 300 a month on the maxima

If you do buy it from her, I'd say drive the Malibu to and from school because it gets better mileage, and then work on the Pathy on the side. That way you can take on bigger projects and not have to worry about it being driveable by the next morning. Man that's a pain in the ass!

If you do buy it from her, I'd say drive the Malibu to and from school because it gets better mileage, and then work on the Pathy on the side. That way you can take on bigger projects and not have to worry about it being driveable by the next morning. Man that's a pain in the ass!

Yeah, thats what im aiming at, but the thing is i CAN'T really buy it, and i also can't own my own vehicle until my 2nd year in college... But you got the idea pretty much spot on, noone drives the pathy so while its on jacks or stuff for lifting/working on it i can still drive the bu to work :D

Which vehicle i take to college will depend on which vehicle still runs by then and where i go to college, winter state ill take pathy, warmer state ill take bu

so many choices!! :D

Im looking @ a position working for a salvage yard or a 4x4 shop so i can get free stuff ;)