It locks its self!

Whitebrick

So this morning i start up my truck like i alway do in the morning and waiting for all the lights to go off aswell as the oil pressure to come up on my gauge. Then i shut the door to go back inside and the truck locked itself! Now it has done this befor and it only douse this when it is cold out side. If you live in houston texas it can be hot one day and over nite it well be cold in to the 40s but was gust wondering if there is something that i can change or fix so this douse not happen agin. I got lucky and was at home and got my other keys but dont wont this to happen away from home like at work or somthing. I did have a oem alarm but changed it out with a viper alarm so i do not know if that has anything to do with it aswell. dont really remmber if it did it with the alarm that nissan put in.

thanks

My recently purchased 95 has a viper remote start/alarm and every time you start the truck, once the engine fires up, the doors lock, and once you turn it off, the doors unlock. The PO warned me that they do that. Kind of pisses me off too.

Hell my 95 xe did that last week...the sob locked me inside of it so I couldnt get out.I driver side handle was froze up and I hit the lock button and I coulnt get out since the freaking locks went nuts.Up,down...for about 3 minutes until they finally stayed down.Well I put my window down and crawl out the other door.I see want happen so I push the handle down and bang the damn thing locks me out.But I had put the window down Cause I had a feeling it would do that.

Mine did that all time... it got to where if I needed to warm up the car I would crack one of the back windows so I could get back in if it locked itself.

looks like im going to have to do that for i dont wont to be holding on to two keys.

My recently purchased 95 has a viper remote start/alarm and every time you start the truck, once the engine fires up, the doors lock, and once you turn it off, the doors unlock. The PO warned me that they do that. Kind of pisses me off too.

Ya my alarm well only lock if the door is shut and you start it up. If you start it with the door open it well not lock untell you push the lock button on the door. idk. Did yours only do it in the cold or gust all the time?

It does it all the time. The PO told me that it once locked itself with his kid in the truck. On that rig, none of the key locks work for some reason. He said to always keep fresh batteries in the fob. I've heard that the lock actuator can mess up on these trucks. My DD pathy hasn't given me any issues, thank god.

Maybe temporarily keep the fob and key separate so you can at least unlock them until you get it fixed?

Ya may try that out or well go to ace or walmart and get a crapy key made with a hide a key box. put it somewere save gust in case. i dont know it seems like every time it get cold mine well gust come up with somthing to go wrong. i think it hates texas. lol

Ya may try that out or well go to ace or walmart and get a crapy key made with a hide a key box. put it somewere save gust in case. i dont know it seems like every time it get cold mine well gust come up with somthing to go wrong. i think it hates texas. lol

I got one of those hide a key things but none of my pathy keys will fit in it. The key was too long IIRC

If one of the door locks or actuators are siezing up, one of the doors might not be unlocking 100% of the way (partially stuck towards lock) and when you slam the door, the vibrations caused it to flip back to the locked position,

this is actually a pretty common issue.. there have been several threads on this.. it has been a while though.. i'd say a couple of years at least. look around deeper in the garage areas if the search gives you fits.

there could be several reasons: morpheus hit on a couple - the most common and it could be related to the install of the alarm. it could also be lack of lubricant in the locks and the system too.. thus things sticking.. and i think the most common and the easiest to fix is the plug in the door sometimes comes apart enough to couse these roving issues.

check all the locks (the little posts) on all doors when you lock them and unlock them. see if they are going fully up and fully down. one of my outside handles sticks and it will cause the locking system to go crazy if not returned fully to it's resting position.

the actuators are in the doors. you'll have to open those up.

i never leave a key inside without at least one of the windows being down.

a few years ago i was camping in WV mountains and got locked out late at night.. thank goodness i had all my sleeping gear out and set up... got a coat hanger from an RV next door and broke back in.. what freaked me out in the morning though was that i arrived at the campground just minutes after a bear went thrashing through and making a mess, which i did notice upon arrival but didn't know the cause. i just figured it was sunday night so this was the mess after the weekend crowds. it would have sucked if the bear returned and i had not place to go.. i think my glasses were in the car too. lol

Hell my 95 xe did that last week...the sob locked me inside of it so I couldnt get out.I driver side handle was froze up and I hit the lock button and I coulnt get out since the freaking locks went nuts.Up,down...for about 3 minutes until they finally stayed down.Well I put my window down and crawl out the other door.I see want happen so I push the handle down and bang the damn thing locks me out.But I had put the window down Cause I had a feeling it would do that.

When it starts locking itself like that, don't touch the handle and unlock, lock, and then unlock it again. It should work. I got this down to an art on mine and everyone who rode with me knew about it to.

As it was said, this IS a common problem and there have been some write ups on it. I just found it easier to live with it since there seemed to only be a few people who actually "fixed" the problem.

I've come outside to leave school and found my doors unlocked, twice now. I make 100% sure they're locked before I leave it.

I don't know if some smart ass knows how to unlock the doors or what, but it's getting old.

Even though there is apparently hundreds of thousands of combinations for the key fob's, there's bound to be duplicates, the idea is just that the chances of them actually ending up near enough to each other is rare.

I've seen at least 4 or 5 times that 1 key fob will lock/unlock more than 1 car at the same time in the parking lot of the dealership.

remote possibility that someone in your school has the same frequency fob as you do.

So this morning i start up my truck like i alway do in the morning and waiting for all the lights to go off aswell as the oil pressure to come up on my gauge. Then i shut the door to go back inside and the truck locked itself! Now it has done this befor and it only douse this when it is cold out side. If you live in houston texas it can be hot one day and over nite it well be cold in to the 40s but was gust wondering if there is something that i can change or fix so this douse not happen agin. I got lucky and was at home and got my other keys but dont wont this to happen away from home like at work or somthing. I did have a oem alarm but changed it out with a viper alarm so i do not know if that has anything to do with it aswell. dont really remmber if it did it with the alarm that nissan put in.

thanks

HEY!!!

i've seen you before! i saw you a few weeks ago on Rhodes Rd. as i was turning into my neighborhood. you flashed your lights at me.

check out Texas Nissan Off Road. there's not many of us there, but it's a great place for info on the next meet/greet or wheelin' weekend.

Edited by alexrex20

That's Funny Sheot! I can laugh about it cause it happened to me many times! I've been locked in and locked out. Thank goodness when I was locked out, it was in the Summer and I had the sun roof out of the Pathy. I bet it was funny watching a grown man crawling up onto his 4X4 and dropping down the sun roof to get into the vehicle.

Electrical units on these vehicles are iffy! The only thing I could suggest is to clean the connections really good.

Good luck!

Edited by 94 Pathy

That's Funny Sheot! I can laugh about it cause it happened to me many times! I've been locked in and locked out. Thank goodness when I was locked out, it was in the Summer and I had the sun roof out of the Pathy. I bet it was funny watching a grown man crawling up onto his 4X4 and dropping down the sun roof to get into the vehicle.

Electrical units on these vehicles are iffy! The only thing I could suggest is to clean the connections really good.

Good luck!

I'd pay to see that!

lol

does it lock all the doors or do you only unlock the driver door? had 85 cutlass that would lock driver door every time you closed it, hinge pin was wore out so it caught funny and locked it

ya it locks all the doors like if you pushed the button in side the truck. seems like it douse not wont me to take her out. lol

HEY!!!

i've seen you before! i saw you a few weeks ago on Rhodes Rd. as i was turning into my neighborhood. you flashed your lights at me.

check out Texas Nissan Off Road. there's not many of us there, but it's a great place for info on the next meet/greet or wheelin' weekend.

ya that was me going to get gas at the shell. your live right in front of roth. seen you take your rear bummper off one weekend. not that i was stocking you or anything like that. :ph33r: ya im overthere on owens creek.

ya it locks all the doors like if you pushed the button in side the truck. seems like it douse not wont me to take her out. lol

ya that was me going to get gas at the shell. your live right in front of roth. seen you take your rear bummper off one weekend. not that i was stocking you or anything like that. :ph33r: ya im overthere on owens creek.

lmao we live in the same neighborhood? :rofl:

do you wheel your pathfinder? a couple of us are planning on going to BVORR (brazos valley off road ranch) in college station/bryan, next weekend.

well i would but it is two wheel drive ya it sucks but love the truck. but this coming weekend some of my freinds from high school are going to a drift meet in dallas for one of our good freinds she has a s14 240 with a rb25 in it. she just got a new turbo for she did not put a oil reg on it so it blew the oil seals on the old one. thanks for the offer tho.