what to add 4 a wheeling pathfinder wd21

BoneZ

Hi anyone who reads this. I am looking for peoples opinions of what I should add besides what I already have-have planed for my wd21 that will be a trail rig but still has to be streetable enough to drive to and from the trails.

As of right I have.

3" SL, 3" BL, 33" swampers, rancho steering stablizer, manual hubs, pitman arm brace, I will have a rear locker soon, also looking to get a hoohaa center link and probably a set of the rear adjustable control arms rugged rock is going to probably start making. don't include bumpers or sliders as I will fab those up once I am to that point. Thanks for your time anyone who responds.

you could do exhuast work like headers highflow cat and muffer to give a little more power. I did a cold air in take also but idk if that good if you are going to do alot of mudding or driving around deep water. Possibly a snorkle if u do mudding or plan on getting submerged. Winch? new upper control arms. foglights, highlift or highjack whatever its called, extra battery. idk just throwing stuff out there

you could do exhuast work like headers highflow cat and muffer to give a little more power. I did a cold air in take also but idk if that good if you are going to do alot of mudding or driving around deep water. Possibly a snorkle if u do mudding or plan on getting submerged. Winch? new upper control arms. foglights, highlift or highjack whatever its called, extra battery. idk just throwing stuff out there

Well thanks for the suggestions the exhaust was changed by previous owner it has a unknown catalyst (is not stock) and a magnaflow muffler. Air intake is not a bad idea as this will not be a mud truck have my dodge for that, this rig is for doing trails the dodge will not fit in. already have rough country upper control arms, I have 2 48" highlifts 1 will go on pathfinder. Any more sugestions welcome.

Panhard bar bracket or adjustable panhard bar.

From your picture it doesn't look like you have a 33" spare (unless it's hiding in the cargo area).

Otherwise it looks like you're pretty well set up there.

Allot of the stuff I have listed are not in on that pic I just started the build on it this last weekend. All that is on in that pic there now is the 3" sl and a set of 32" bfg all terrains (street tires to me). I have been going back and forth on how to do the spare tire can not decide if it will be roof or rear mounted. Can a 33 fit on the stock rear carriers? Can you give a link to a Panhard bar bracket like you mentioned?

Edited by BoneZ

Front LSD or locker.

SAS the front end.

383 magnum/727 power train conversion.

Other than that... :shrug:

Seriously...

Headers

Snorkel

Port/polish heads

As for rear tire carrier, yeah they can carry 33" easy; I have seen 35" also. You can even move the mount plate around since you know how to fab. The last thing I want on the very top of my truck is a large, heavy doughnut, nor do I want to heave it up there and back down...

B

if there are rocks on your trails, skid plates will save your lots of money. you can fit a 33 on the factory tire carrier

What thickness of metal is good for engine-transition skid on these pathfinders don't want to weigh it down 2 much. And thanks for the info on the rear tire carrier I will start trying to find a cheep 1.

Front LSD or locker.

SAS the front end.

383 magnum/727 power train conversion.

Other than that... :shrug:

Seriously...

Headers

Snorkel

Port/polish heads

As for rear tire carrier, yeah they can carry 33" easy; I have seen 35" also. You can even move the mount plate around since you know how to fab. The last thing I want on the very top of my truck is a large, heavy doughnut, nor do I want to heave it up there and back down...

B

I will probably do a SAS in the future but I am building this rig for a run in July so It is not in the schedule at this time, that is also why i don't want to waist the money on a front locker for now. If I ever wreck or roll my dodge I would put its built 360 and running gear in a pathfinder lol.

Think of stuff that makes you reliable upon yourself so you dont need to rely on other people.

examples

on board air

winch

spare parts

tools

full size spare

lights

on a side not u might consider an

oil relocation kit

tauras fan upgrade

HO alternator

ive done my SAS and now im focusing on beign able to rely on myself and make it worthy. ive talked to my friends out here who all have trailered decked out yotas and heeps, they all say if they could do it again they'd make somethign less crazzy and more mild but do stuff that makes it reliable, so lockers would be another good option. just my opnion

Allot of the stuff I have listed are not in on that pic I just started the build on it this last weekend. All that is on in that pic there now is the 3" sl and a set of 32" bfg all terrains (street tires to me). I have been going back and forth on how to do the spare tire can not decide if it will be roof or rear mounted. Can a 33 fit on the stock rear carriers? Can you give a link to a Panhard bar bracket like you mentioned?

88 made a bracket a while back, let me see if I can find that thread. Ah ha found it: http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...;hl=panhard+bar

The adjustable bar is hard to find stateside. Popular in Japan though. Here's a site that they are sold on (I think, google translate is far from perfect or even usable) http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...%3DNvV%26sa%3DG

Originally reported in this thread: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=12459

No word if that shop ships internationally or not...

Think of stuff that makes you reliable upon yourself so you dont need to rely on other people.

examples

on board air

winch

spare parts

tools

full size spare

lights

on a side not u might consider an

oil relocation kit

tauras fan upgrade

HO alternator

ive done my SAS and now im focusing on beign able to rely on myself and make it worthy. ive talked to my friends out here who all have trailered decked out yotas and heeps, they all say if they could do it again they'd make somethign less crazzy and more mild but do stuff that makes it reliable, so lockers would be another good option. just my opnion

Do you have any pics of the tauras fan upgrade in a pathfinder so i can see how good of area it covers?

Oil relocation kit will probably be done next time I change the oil now that is a PITA for a oil change.

I don't have money for a good on board air right now I do have one of the little pumps that runs off your battery to refill tires after airing down.

I always carry a basic tool kit and a few extra needed tools when wheeling.

Also always carry spare cloths blankets water and nonperishable food to:)

Winch will be on the if i have enough money for run left after the build.

Thank you packie88 for your contribution to this thread.

88 made a bracket a while back, let me see if I can find that thread. Ah ha found it: http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...;hl=panhard+bar

The adjustable bar is hard to find stateside. Popular in Japan though. Here's a site that they are sold on (I think, google translate is far from perfect or even usable) http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...%3DNvV%26sa%3DG

Originally reported in this thread: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=12459

No word if that shop ships internationally or not...

That is 88pathoffroad that built his own right? If you read this 88pathoffroad can you post some different angle close ups or explain if you put and cross or center brace in it.

a idle arm brace wont help much, especially on the PNW trails. once you brace the idle arm, the arm itself will bend and/or the plastic bushings will fail. next goes the joints in the centerlink. the best thing you can do to the IFS if you want it to last on the trail is a set of double shear arms and a re-worked centerlink. like L&P used to make or the other guy on here (cant remember his name) i built mine up similar to their setups a few weeks ago and cant believe the difference. for a write-up on it look for the thread titled "how to polish a turd" on ruggedrocks.com's forum. its in the nissan/pathfinder section.

Edited by bitemedoughboy.com

a idle arm brace wont help much, especially on the PNW trails. once you brace the idle arm, the arm itself will bend and/or the plastic bushings will fail. next goes the joints in the centerlink. the best thing you can do to the IFS if you want it to last on the trail is a set of double shear arms and a re-worked centerlink. like L&P used to make or the other guy on here (cant remember his name) i built mine up similar to their setups a few weeks ago and cant believe the difference. for a write-up on it look for the thread titled "how to polish a turd" on ruggedrocks.com's forum. its in the nissan/pathfinder section.

Thanks for the info bitemedoughboy i am already planing a whohaa centerlink think i got his name wrong. I have not actually seen a double sheer setup on a pathfinder before.

you could build an onboard air system really easy if you have a a/c compressor already on there

Great idea but the girl friend requires that all vehicle's That we have must have a working AC system. I am looking at using a old york pump to do that on my dodge.