No codes but runs rough

mikeinIdaho

I ran the ecu codes and got no codes

My truck runs great until it comes into temperature.

While this makes it sound like an o2 sensor, i unplugged it with no change.

also I recently dumped some Marvel Mystery Oil in the fuel tank-so could this be a cause of rough running after coming up to temp?

I ran the ecu codes and got no codes

My truck runs great until it comes into temperature.

While this makes it sound like an o2 sensor, i unplugged it with no change.

also I recently dumped some Marvel Mystery Oil in the fuel tank-so could this be a cause of rough running after coming up to temp?

My 92 XE did that would run normal up until running temp. mind you i did take mine swimming but it was my mass airflow that was shot

I hope its not the MAF!

It is driveable, up through the gears, but if you are over geared-like rolling along 35mph in 4th-it kinda chugs along until the RPMs come up.

could this be my O2 sensor?

Change plugs/wires

or run this tank of fuel with the Marvel in it and start over?

if it continues to run poor check the rubber "boot" as the dealer calls it, between the MAF and the intake. Mine did the same thing and I found it was split on the bottom right at the intake, very hard to notice without looking closely with a flashlight

I hope its not the MAF!

It is driveable, up through the gears, but if you are over geared-like rolling along 35mph in 4th-it kinda chugs along until the RPMs come up.

could this be my O2 sensor?

Change plugs/wires

or run this tank of fuel with the Marvel in it and start over?

The MAF is super easy to clean and worse case there dirt cheap to get a new one and about the fastest fix there is i carry a spare with us when we're wheeling just in case

If you are going to dump anything in the tank, use Lucas injector cleaner of something of similar nature.

The best way to check for intake/vacuum leaks is to use WD-40 to spray on suspect locations. If the idle surges or changes, you have found a leak.

B

Check the vac line on the rear of the intake on top of the engine.Some thing for fuel presser I think not sure.When I got mine it was unplugged and did what yours did.I put it back on and this past summer it fell off when washing the engine so I was like WTF is wrong :scratchhead: with it.Looked back there and it was gone.Went to the local parts store and they wanted a buck for the hose(maybe 4 inchs long) :thumbsdown: I then left and pulled one off of my old 307 thats sitting in my garage.

I ran the tank through and is got smoother and smoother. Now with a fresh tank of gas it is running GREAT! Even with the Marvel in the last tank I still got 320 Miles of mixed driving.

Also the lifter tick I had has gone away!

thanks for the input.