need roof rack?

Channel595

i didnt have one... but now i do. just got one today off of a GMC jimmy or equivalent from the mid 90's fits a pathfinder perfectly with roof lines wish i had a pic...

Get on it! :whip:

Edited by GrimGreg

No sorry, I did that long before I was a member on any Nissan forum :shrug:

But it was not hard at all, I measured what would fit then headed to the wrecking yard are starting checking every suitable rack there. This was the best fitting and best looking rack I found.

I trimmed it front to back and side to side (the bars are just aluminum, so they are easy to cut) until I had it sitting where I wanted it. Then removed the headliner and marked the mounting hole locations and drilled. ***measure twice/drill once!***

I used the bolts that came with the rack along with some thick fender style washers and lock nuts on the inside.

Only major advice I can think of is something look out for, the roof cross support just behind the drivers seats (in line with the dome light) it was a tight squeeze getting the washers and nuts in there and then tightening it all down. So alignment of the mounting holes is something to consider ;)

• 2 weeks later...

A little Valspar Satin Black spray paint could go a long way on that. I had to replace my passenger mirror on my 95, but received a black one instead of chrome, so I sanded down my chrome driver side and put a couple passes on both, did my hood cowls and some other odds and ends. I did it on Friday, went on the Garden State Parkway and the highways near my house and haven't had any peeling or spotting. </story>

So yeah, I'd try some Valspar on the roof rack =P