Where are all the OZies

Cyril

G'Day Stew ,

Looks good Man ,

Which State are you in ? , just interested with engineering stuff .

hey there,in nsw,prob one of the hardest states for keeping it legal,all ok sofar,got a engineer that stops by and checks i goin ok,before this overhaul the cops pulled me over all the time,had standard diffs 3"lift and 2" body lift,33s.my offset on the rims were 2 big to.this build i want legel.lot of rules.getting within them all but.cant wait till it in 1 peice again.around the $200hr for the engineer.my wheel track now goes to gu patrl specs,just gota use the 5"flares to cover each wheel. and as for the running gear there fine with that to .suspension is all gu patrol standard and grafted all the factory patrol mounts on,sits so big cause of chassis shape difference,cant go any higher than 1.2m to centre of headlight.just made it.ha.these are pics from when i started,ill getsome up 2 date 1s asap.let me know of what mods you planning and ill ask him when he here next.from what i beleive,engineers are recognised australia wide in all states now.just had a look at ya 4be specs.you would prob have that aproved already anyway ?

Edited by stew

Stew , yes you are correct with mines allready engineered and that NSW is a pain in the a*se for legal mods . My engineer was very strict with 1200mm to the top of the headlight ( not the middle ) and i couldn't go the gu rear diff cause it's disc brakes and mine is drum originally without doing a brake and lane change test . He said it would be easier for me to get passed with putting a Pathy body onto a Patrol chassis ??? . My mods are nearly finished with a few bits to come and to help what i have done work better :jig: . I was just curious if you were doing these mods with an engineer :aok: .

Stew , yes you are correct with mines allready engineered and that NSW is a pain in the a*se for legal mods . My engineer was very strict with 1200mm to the top of the headlight ( not the middle ) and i couldn't go the gu rear diff cause it's disc brakes and mine is drum originally without doing a brake and lane change test . He said it would be easier for me to get passed with putting a Pathy body onto a Patrol chassis ??? . My mods are nearly finished with a few bits to come and to help what i have done work better :jig: . I was just curious if you were doing these mods with an engineer :aok: .

engineer just drops in as i need him to our workshop,this project prob b 1 of our most fun when it finnished,cant wait

engineer just drops in as i need him to our workshop,this project prob b 1 of our most fun when it finnished,cant wait

Came you keep us updated with pics Stew ?

Came you keep us updated with pics Stew ?

that i will,just have 2 get dave ta set them up for me,ha.im finding some realy gr8 ideas on this site

G'day all, thought I would say hi, everryone calls me Wombat (luv my sleep), just aquired my 96' Pathfinder and have already thrown a little bit at it. Located on the Sunny Coast, I enjoy comfort where my Pitbull enjoys sand, mud, water and dirt! This baby keeps up with Lancruisers and Patrols, so it's getting very capable. Next on the list is some 31's. Just wondering if I can fit 31's on a 15inch x 6.5inch rim?

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9950/20100826145533.jpg

G'Day Wombat ,

Thats a straight looking rig for sure , For the tyres most recommend a 7" wide rim for 31 x 10.5 x 15 . Rims are really cheap these days with steel ones for $50 .

Thanks guys, yes I do eat roots and leaves, just like my truck. Also wondering with the snorkel, do I need to plug up the drain hole in the arifilter box? 1st time snorkler! I hope to have a pic 1 day of me pulling out my mate in his 70 series landcruiser. Pic will be posted that arvo. It might even happen this weekend. And if you guys are every up this way on the sunny coast, drop us a line, my mates and myself would be more than happy to take a tour!

P.S. Anyone wanting a snorkel fitted be aware......apprently a pain in the butt to fit according to my Panel Beater, hence why I took it to him!

Edited by Wombat

Had that hole in the airbox in the old nissan setup but the commodore doesn't have one ??? . It's supposed to allow water to escape befor it enters the motor , but it didnt work for the old Z24 .

Hope to build a custom one when possible out of alloy and with a pod filter . To join up to the SS Snorkel .

Due for another trip soon :beer:

Thanks for the reply, well alot has happened to the old girl of late, snorkel fitted, new cooling system hoses, winch was overhauled, UHF radio went in (no more AA's for the hand helds), wiring system for the installation for second battery completed, and have attached a solar panel to the main battery for now to keep it charged when I am pulled over for happy hour! Now, some weight adding, anyone know of a company that makes skid plates for the R50 Pathfinder's, and side steps? Have been reviewing the Black Panthers, but they went outta shop in 2006.

Survival is the key, survive to pull out your mates!

Edited by Wombat

Hehehe.....well I make fun of 60, 70 and 80 series Landies, and keep up with Disco's. Because I don't have the ground clearance, I want to protect as much as I can, so I can get home. Nothing worse than a hole in your sump. She's getting a full tint on Thursday, darkest possible for the back, and darkest legal for the front. Then some 31's. Just want to research more about lift kits and future laws about them, don't want to get a 2inch lift and find out next year I have to reverse engineer.

20100828151112.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hey guys,im having so much trouble tryin to set up this c4 auto to a patrol transfer.I will get it done somehow but any ideas or herd of anyone doin or done such a conversion be gr8 help.If i have to do to a remote transfer then my handbrake will be a prob.I can buy a manual conversion but want it auto.i just wana go out n play in the mud again.ha

Good idea Dave .

When i googled ( C4 Auto to Patrol Transfercase ) it gave a link to the outerlimits forum which 1 bloke had done the conversion with a custom adaptor made for him . Tried Marks adaptors and they don't have anything , have you thought about a commodore auto ?

Good idea Dave .

When i googled ( C4 Auto to Patrol Transfercase ) it gave a link to the outerlimits forum which 1 bloke had done the conversion with a custom adaptor made for him . Tried Marks adaptors and they don't have anything , have you thought about a commodore auto ?

Thanks guys,ill look into that forum.the problems not where the handbrake lever is ,the actual handbrake mech is on the transfer case.as u said i could use a turbo 350 or 400 and castlemaine rod shop do a adaptor,and marks do a adaptor to a patrol transfer from that,i was hopin that i could somehow just find a kit from c4 to patrol,couldnt be that easy hey.ha.suks they dont run a handbrake in the rear brakes on these gu diffs.ill get there,getting very frustratin with everyone else out 4x4n.thanx guys

Edited by stew

Just a thought ,

What about the hilux transfercase with the separate disc handbrake on the back ?

thanx,but just think b as hard to set up a handbrake on the discs,thinkn i might have to run a turbo 350 or 400 box and adapt the patrol transfer,but ill look into that forum 1st,one more thing does anyone know of where i could get some very big fibreglass flares,like 5"wide,dam this 4be costing some buks,could of bought a new 1,wouldnt be the same but.luv me pathfinder.ha

• 2 weeks later...