Where are all the OZies

Cyril

Here's a couple of pics of project No:3 . It's gutting a GQ and a GU and putting all the GU parts under the GQ .

Both Patrols

4bypatrol039.jpg

4.2 turbo diesel in the GU

4bypatrol040.jpg

2.8 turbo diesel to be replaced with the 4.2

4bypatrol041.jpg

Hi Guy's,

I havent been on here for a while. I've been busy busy. Been doing heaps of work in the carport on my terry, a lot of blood sweat and tears, but boy o boy, what a difference its made.

It's amazing what can be achieved with an angle grinder, and a dozen or so tins of silver spray paint.

heres a pic, i think it looks great.

if i cand find the attachment bit, where'd it go?

hi Matt, hows the sunny state treating you.

over the last couple of weeks, i have been thinking about all the things i need to do on the terry, to keep it going, and the list just got way too big. every time i looked at the bloody thing, there was something else for the list.

there was a whole heap of little things, and quite a few bigger things that needed doing, and i realy couldnt justify the time and money.

so i took off all the good bits, and traded it on on a 2005 triton gls.

and didnt my little girl give me some grief, she was devastated the terry was gone, and balled her eyes out and begged for me to get it back.

the triton might not be as good off road, but it is a whole lot more comfortable, has a truckload more power, and fits my bike on the back.

how did your fishing go?

and Dave, how was your fishing?

Fishing was good, didnt do any fishing though, got there at about 1:30pm, finished a bottle of Jacks with 2L of Pepsi by 6pm, was practically passed out by 8pm. But needed to do it.

Think I might look at doing the same as you sometime next year, look at a late model dual cab Nav. If I can I will keep the Terry though, use it as a trail tart, that way I can do whatever damage I need to.

I looked around for a dual cab navara, but there was no decent ones around in my price range, except for a few flogged out work utes, and i will never own a car without power windows again.

I paid 17000 after my trade in, which is bloody good for a 2005 triton gls, most are still up around 24 - 25000.

i actualy had a look at ebay today for bits for mk tritons, and found my car advertised, same rego and everything for $29990. i might ring the dealer and tell him if he finds anyone intereted, give them my number, and if i sell it for that much, i will give him a carton of beer.

hey guys. well i made it through a weekend with the kids. weather was bloody beutiful up at callola / rainbow beach, the hilux drove beutifuly. grat articulation aswell for a stocko 4by. i was quite impressed. the only issue was i didnt take the frign camera so no pics. but had a ball. drinkin piss and watchn as many tits as i could drivin up the beach. lol. but im over camping with the boys. they were a pain in the ass (aswell as cramping my style....lol) and NO we didnt catch any fish.

What No Fish .

Camping with the kids can be pain in the arse but sometimes good fun . Heading up the Beach this weekend for my B'Day Fish and piss-up .

ok guys, i have some leftover bits from the terry in the shed, going cheap.

altenator with pump

4 new ball joints

few new belts

new front sway bar rubbers

new cv boots

some new seals. (dont know where they go)

spare speedo cable

nudge bar

celica gt4 intercooler

nissan 300zx intercooler

bonnet vents

few other bits

$100 for it all. bargain.

tried the mags with bighorns on the triton, they fit, but just barely rub on the caliper. i thought about leaving them on, so it would wear the caliper down.

but for $600 you can have them. 4 x 31' x 10.5x 15 maxxis bighorns on 15 x 7 alloys. done less than 2000 klms

ok guys, i have some leftover bits from the terry in the shed, going cheap.

altenator with pump

4 new ball joints

few new belts

new front sway bar rubbers

new cv boots

some new seals. (dont know where they go)

spare speedo cable

nudge bar

celica gt4 intercooler

nissan 300zx intercooler

bonnet vents

few other bits

$100 for it all. bargain.

tried the mags with bighorns on the triton, they fit, but just barely rub on the caliper. i thought about leaving them on, so it would wear the caliper down.

but for $600 you can have them. 4 x 31' x 10.5x 15 maxxis bighorns on 15 x 7 alloys. done less than 2000 klms

hey dan im interested in the above but not the tyres. ill send you a pm with my phone no. thanks matt

Have'nt been able to reply for the last 3 days cause i re-needed to sign in again :headwall::headwall::headwall:

Howdy all , and thanks for the B'Day thoughts . Was a massive 4 days 3 nights up the beach with a 3kg Salmon alot of grog and when sobered a good hard 4by in the dunes .