Where are all the OZies

Cyril

Hopefully tuesday morning.

i was hoping to have them today at the latest, i wanted to make some bigger mudflaps to cover them properly, and i wanted to make sure i had no issues with clearance anywhere.

with the 30 inch tyres i have, something on the front rubs when reversing and turning full lock down u steep gutter. i suspect it is the bit of plastic trim thats under the front bumper.

wanted to have everything sorted.

tues i will have to get the tyres on, sort out any issues, hopefully make some mud flaps, pick the camper trailer up, load everything up, rush around for the things i have forgotten, and try to get to bed early to get a good sleep, so i can get up at 4am wednesday, to get on the road nice and early.

i got some better bulbs for my headlights, philips 60/55w. +50%. cost $24 each, supposedly they put out 50% more light, but use the same amount of power.

they have made a big difference to my headlights, they put out a nice clean white light, that extends further down the road.

i put one in at a time, to compare the difference, and i was suprised how dull and yellow the standard bulb was.

i had to adjust them down, cause people were flashing me, and even though i adjusted them down, i can still see further than i could before.

the bulb is a H4 type.

Cyril, thats an awsome pic of your beast on the beach, how did it go on the sand?

i did some reaserch on the tyres im getting, i probably should have done it before i decided to get them. but you know how it is, you walk into a shop, see something you want, and decide u just have to have it. i know it keeps me broke.

everybody thats had the maxxiss big horns (tyre name relates to penis size), cant get enough of them, and they all say they would buy them again.

only people that knock them, are guys that have got tyres that cost over $300 each, and reckon maxxiss is cheap @!*%, even though they have never had them.

so i hope there as good as everyone reckons.

i had an interesting thought, apperently cooper tyres a pretty good, heaps of guys in australia have them, including myself, and they all reckon there awsome (i cant complain about mine), but its weird, how on all the forums, including this one, it seems as though americans dont rate them, hardly do you ever see an american 4wd with them on, and not much gets said about them, and hardly anyone recomends them.

i just thought that was interesting.

mine are 3 years old, and are only half worn, so i cant complain, but i did notice yesterday, a big strip had been ripped off the inner sidewall, all the way to the canvas.

the strip was just hanging there, so i araldited it back on. she will be right.

It went awesome on the sand compared to the Z24 . Had fun playing in the dunes and climbing them when the pathy climbed first go and the mates patrol needed several attempts , on the edge of the beach we had drags and he could'nt keep up . Help a 100series ans a hilux get off the beach through the dunes and back to the carpark and they gave us $50 , so that paid for the day out :jig: .

still got to pass the pits yet. But wouldnt mind doing a power line run or something first just to make shure all is good.

Hope you have better luck at the pits than i did . Was it your B'Day yesterday if so :beer: .

Rubbing on 30's, 31's would just tear it off.

Sounds like someone needs some lift . Or just go to 33's and they'll remove anything thats left .

i went for a run today out to the guy that had the wreck on gumtree. Got the radiator. Looks ok. Wreckers wanted 360 for a second hand. Was 430 for a new one but got his for 75. Got all that i needed. Went to do rear brakes and they sold me the wrong frign ones. But hopefully after this weekend she shoukd be all good to go.

Dont spose you saw if he had that pipe I need? If he did I might head up there tomorrow.

yep, 31's are gonna tear the flap straight out.

its not realy lift thats my problem, it's the wheels i got from Dave. because of the offset, the tyre sticks out further, and on just under full lock, the tyre rubs on the inside of the flap, with my old wheels, it wouldnt of been a problem, because the tyre would be sitting inside the flap.

kinda hard to explain, might go out and take a pic.

the offset on the wheels is enough for my little 30 x 9.5 tyres to stick out of the guards. but i like em.

hi honey im home. What a Weekend. Yeh had birthday cake. It was more diesel oil covered...lol. But got underneath b1 painted. I was starting to think it was from canada or something with the rust.. Had to do some major rewireing . I put the battery in and bang. Smoke everywhere. All fusable links went and wires burnt out. @!*% that wasnt fun and expensive

so to try and catch up. Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. Dan use a bigger hammer or just rip em off.or hurry up and come over for a body lift. Nice set of rubbers. Got all mine on now. Cost me a 100 to get them all changed. Have fun camping. Weather looks good frign finnaly. Dave yeh that 88 even had the same pin stripe. That guy took out the motor. Not shure what he is doing with the motor its all spread out acoss his shead. And cyril nice mate. A well deserved trip. Now move here and do all that to ours....lol