Where are all the OZies

Cyril

Evening all ,

A massive weekend with the rugby grand final here . Started friday and got home sunday at lunch with enough time to head up the beach with 3 other 4by's for some dune fun . :jig:

dave how far away is that. And bit of an update. Just a bit more wireing to do. And the rust ill book it in tomorow for the pits. But still havnt received my licence yet. Dont know whats goin on there.

Any Perth boys interested in a run to Lake Indoon on the 7th & 8th of November, camp overnight. The crew from 4x4wa are heading up there for a family weekender/catch up, just a relaxing weekend away, no doubt they have some off-roading planned.

http://www.4x4wa.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=417

Hi guys.

just got back from down south, had a ball.

rackedup over 1500klm's on the new bighorns. i love em

they are a bit noisy, mostly between 70 - 90, but once you get to 100 the engine is humming, and makes more noise than the tyres.

they did suck up a bit of power, and use a bit more fuel, but i can live with that, and half of that would be the fact the terry was loaded right up, towing the loaded camper. still cruised along at 110, only started to struggle on the longer hills.

the tyres are awsome offroad. hardly any wheelspin in the dirt, when u drop the clutch in first, they just dig in and push forward, they are even good in sand, once dropped downt to 15 psi, drove around the sand dunes near pemberton in 2wd, easily, and after watching a cruiser take 3 attempts to get up calcup hill, getting a bigger, faster run up each time, i drove straight up, low range 3rd, with no effort at all.

on the road they feel good, different to the all terrains, but i got used to them quick, and they hang on like glue, even in the wet i had no dramas.

Did a heap of 4wdriving in the forests around walpole and pemberton, those places are amazing, tracks everwhere u look, all through amazing forest, all wet and slippery. did a bit of exploring around margeret river, found a track through the bush that goes out to the north side of the river mouth, and follows along the coast, with tracks down to the beaches. never seen anybody on any of the tracks.

had a great time camping deep in the forests, but it was bloody cold, and wet as well, but thats part of the adventure.

pics to follow soon.

Yeah, i had a great week away, although i was exhausted by the time i got home. camping isnt so relaxing when you have to chase a couple of kids around. seems like you never stop doing stuff to get them organised, especially when its freezing and u need to get them showered and in bed early, just to keep them warm.

but it was a holiday i needed, havent gone on a holiday for 10 yrs. normaly when i have time off, i sit around at home.

I was getting over 900klms to a tank, i tried, but could never get to 1000. only managed just over 700 with the trailer, but i wasnt taking it easy.

Gq tank bolts straight in, and holds 94 litres

cost me $200 to hire the camper, was from a guy on perth 4x4. it was his own personell camper. hire places want $300 +, and you have to pick it up, and drop it off at a particular time.

i had the freedom to pick it up 2 days before i left, and drop it off whenever i wanted, even if i decided to camp a bit longer it was no problem.

made it good to be able to take my time to pack it and unpack it without stressing about getting it back.

I think if i go away the same time next year, i will be heading north. too bloody cold down south.

ok i got the terry booked in for the pits on the 16th. At 1.30. Hope all goes well. I think they will get me on the front windows. I think the tint is to dark so ill leave it for now just so they have something to pick on and if it dont pass ill have the others ready to go in the same day......lol