DAD BOUGHT A INFINITY FX50

01silvapathy

So my parents have been looking into getting a new car for quite awhile. Heres how things went down, when I turned 16 my dad was looking for a new car at the time and wound up buying a G35, And trading my sisters buick century towards it. So I bought the pathy (which was currently my moms car) from my parents and my mom got a infinity FX45. Soo my parents moved to San Diego January 21, right after I left for school again. My dad was always talking about getting my mom a SUV since she reportedly felt like i stole the pathy from her :handlebars: My dad always knew that my mom liked the Fx45 and he loved the reiability of the FX45, pathy and the G35. So he figured that since her birthday is Feburary 6th he would get her present early. So he decided to finally trade in that Infinity FX45 towards a New 2009 Infinity FX50!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He called me today and told me the news I was estatic. The color is Black aka OBSIDIAN lol it has 1357 miles on it, 20 inch wheels, rear entertainment system, heated...and cooled leather, now the important thing....A 390 HP V8...mated to a 7Speed Automatic Trans, with PADDLE SHIFTERS :new576: The bad news its in San Diego...and im in texas :headwall: So I have to wait untill spring Break to get to drive it. Im trying to get my dad to get my sister to come down and take some pics to send to me, but she goes to UCSD and its a drive from the house.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 390 HP V8...mated to a 7Speed Automatic Trans, with PADDLE SHIFTERS new576.gif The bad news its in San Diego...and im in texas headwall.gif So I have to wait untill spring Break to get to drive it.

That sounds really nice and I am happy for your mom.

That said, WTF needs 390 HP in a mall car, much less 7 speed tranny? That's like the little old lady down the street that has a Trans AM 454 to go get groceries with...

B

such a sweet truck... i have pictures of the first one that came in when I was working at Infiniti. its a blast to drive to.. btw if the stock wheels are on it, I believe it should be a 21" Enkei rim

That sounds really nice and I am happy for your mom.

That said, WTF needs 390 HP in a mall car, much less 7 speed tranny? That's like the little old lady down the street that has a Trans AM 454 to go get groceries with...

B

the 7-speed tranny helps with fuel economy by helping keep the engine in its powerband. less effort = less fuel consumed. also, 7 is bigger than 5 or 6. ;)

the 390hp, i would say is simply because they can. look at the 500hp AMG SUVs and 600hp family sedans. why? because you can! :D :D

the 7-speed tranny helps with fuel economy by helping keep the engine in its powerband. less effort = less fuel consumed. also, 7 is bigger than 5 or 6. ;)

the 390hp, i would say is simply because they can. look at the 500hp AMG SUVs and 600hp family sedans. why? because you can! :D :D

The W163 ML55AMG is a sick truck, its a torque monster...I wanted one of those so bad but the poor reliability of the electronics kept me from putting out the extra dough when I thought about it...

Well, as the resident Infiniti tech around here, let me say Congrats to your parents! The FX50 is a awsome automobile. For those who have never driven one, dont hate on it. That rig is made to perform, and it does. Shares a lot of DNA with the G37, but, is more user friendly. There is alot a lot of technical advancements that are really neat. Wait till you see the Rev match perform when downshifting! Keeps you right in the powerband and off like a rocket you go! Yes, the 7 speed is for fuel economy, and its also the way Nissan/Infiniti is going, as well as the rest of the industry. Oh, and it aint no minivan. Not many minvans can beat up on sportscars. I checked in a brand new one the other day, and on my test drive to make sure everything was working correctly, a Civic wanted to race. Well, that was just stupid. That kid didnt know what hit 'em.

Congrats again, and if you want to get any accessories for it, go to Infinitaccessories.com or InfinitiofTacoma.com. Thats my dealer and tell them Derek sent ya!

Well, as the resident Infiniti tech around here, let me say Congrats to your parents! The FX50 is a awsome automobile. For those who have never driven one, dont hate on it. That rig is made to perform, and it does. Shares a lot of DNA with the G37, but, is more user friendly. There is alot a lot of technical advancements that are really neat. Wait till you see the Rev match perform when downshifting! Keeps you right in the powerband and off like a rocket you go! Yes, the 7 speed is for fuel economy, and its also the way Nissan/Infiniti is going, as well as the rest of the industry. Oh, and it aint no minivan. Not many minvans can beat up on sportscars. I checked in a brand new one the other day, and on my test drive to make sure everything was working correctly, a Civic wanted to race. Well, that was just stupid. That kid didnt know what hit 'em.

Congrats again, and if you want to get any accessories for it, go to Infinitaccessories.com or InfinitiofTacoma.com. Thats my dealer and tell them Derek sent ya!

OMG all this talk is getting me ancy, and making my pants stick up :wackinit: And really Im gunna race every ricer I see,

THIS IS A CALL OUT ON FUELER AND HIS RICER BOiii's Yall Bring your Beaters, and I'll show yall hows we do with the FX50

Ok, I know better than to argue with GG, but my friend, I know you are not interested in newer technology. But you cannot say that its worthless. IF you dont like the styling, thats ok, everyone has thier own tastes. As far as the rest of it, its a great vehicle. Many new safety improvements, emissions improvements and improvments for the driver. Its a very interesting vehicle that is a step above what else is out there.

OMG all this talk is getting me ancy, and making my pants stick up :wackinit: And really Im gunna race every ricer I see,

THIS IS A CALL OUT ON FUELER AND HIS RICER BOiii's Yall Bring your Beaters, and I'll show yall hows we do with the FX50

See, that's just asking for trouble, kiddo. Don't call out to someone to just to diss them. Learn from past instances and keep those useless comments to yourself. :thumbsdown:

See, that's just asking for trouble, kiddo. Don't call out to someone to just to diss them. Learn from past instances and keep those useless comments to yourself. :thumbsdown:

Agreed. And if his Civic is really pushing almost 500hp with drag radials in a straight line you would have no chance...

The FX50 is extremely fast for an SUV, but the real scary ones are the ML63 and the Cayenne Turbo S, both pushing ~500hp.

Agreed. And if his Civic is really pushing almost 500hp with drag radials in a straight line you would have no chance...

The FX50 is extremely fast for an SUV, but the real scary ones are the ML63 and the Cayenne Turbo S, both pushing ~500hp.

Cheers, Mike! :beer:

Anything with 500HP is a bit much... but a Civic pustting out numbers like that is just insanity. Don't get me wrong, that's badass and I'd love to make a project. That doesn't mean I wouldn't want to own a ML63 or Cayenne Turbo, either. :lol:

A turbo Cayenne is almost twice the price though!

Anyway, if a guy builds a Honda with 500hp, why not go to the track and go for pinks? Trashing a vehicle like that because they crashed it street racing would be retarded. You can make any vehicle go fast in a straight line if you have money and knowhow. And Drag radials on the street, yeah, I see those all the time....not! Anyway, if he wants to take his parents ride out and beat up on some posers, and thats who we are talking about here, who cares?

Oh, and the Cayenne nice vehicle, but too many problems caused sales to tank over the last couple of years. Hopefully the new one next year will be better. I hear a diesel option may be coming. Sorry to thread jack!!!

Well, the same could be said about a guy who lifts his pathy, puts larger tires and calls out jeeps. Once again, I dont think we are talking about the same kind of car people here. In my earlier post, I was commenting on the fact that some people in Hondas, built or not, think they are all kinds of fast and can beat anyone. As was the person was who tried to race me, stock civic, ebay muffler, bumper hanging down, damage on every part of the body and dress like he trying to be Eminem 10 years ago. Come on! I think anyone who has a fast vehicle, should take it to a track and see what it really does. Nothing like pulling out a time slip and having proof. Oh, and that means road tracks, not just drag.