First snow :D

Kittamaru

This is the first SNOW we've had actual accumulation for... enough to put about 4 inches of snow topped with a quarter inch of sleet/freezing rain.

Per usual, my street went unplowed... hope it's that way when i get home from work :D:whistle: Sheila (my pathfinder) conqoured it with the grace I've come to respect and expect of her. Just hope my fiance's Subi Legacy is up to the challenge come 3pm when she has to go to work... only real concern I have is the pile of @!*% the plow left between our road and the main from where they plowed the main road *shrugs* Made a nice speedbump for me... might be a problem for her.

Pics coming if/when I get the chance to take em :D

WOOT! SNOW!

My pathy was loving it this morning. The local authorities spray a brine solution on the roads in preparation for winter weather. The result this morning was that the roads were clear except for a thin layer of air and a half inch of solid ice on top of it. Made for some interesting driving. I was prepared to pull some idiots out of the ditches on the way to work but there was hardly anyone on the roads. When I got to work, I was the only one in my office. It's still coming down (freezing rain, that is) and the day is only supposed to get uglier until the temp gets over freezing later this afternoon.

maybe I'll lock the office and go play in the empty parking lot.

The local authorities spray a brine solution on the roads in preparation for winter weather. The result this morning was that the roads were clear except for a thin layer of air and a half inch of solid ice on top of it.

Brilliant!!

B

We got about 2" of snow yesterday afternoon, then it turned to ice about 11pm and did that all night. Woke up to rain (yes wet rain in sub freezing temperatures) which formed more ice as it sat on the ice. About 8am it turned back to snow and has snowed about 4" since. Fun weather.

We got about 2" of snow yesterday afternoon, then it turned to ice about 11pm and did that all night. Woke up to rain (yes wet rain in sub freezing temperatures) which formed more ice as it sat on the ice. About 8am it turned back to snow and has snowed about 4" since. Fun weather.

thats nasty...we got about 3" yesterday, than nothing from 1 to about 6 or 7, then a little bit of snow which quickly turned into freezing rain which stopped shortly ago...I'm just glad I didn't have to go drive in it, people in DC have no clue that ice is slippery :scratchhead:

I was just out to get lunch and the freeway is completely covered, there is no "clear" path(s) at all on it. Side streets are untouched aside from the ruts people driving on them made. You can tell they applied salt this morning, but haven't done anything else. We have about 6" of snow so far since this morning.

we're still getting snow up here from the same storm GG. i haven't had the truck out in it yet as i walk to work most days. I'm sure there's some carnage somewhere in the city tho.

I was just out to get lunch and the freeway is completely covered, there is no "clear" path(s) at all on it. Side streets are untouched aside from the ruts people driving on them made. You can tell they applied salt this morning, but haven't done anything else. We have about 6" of snow so far since this morning.

LUCKY bastard! Lol! I'd kill for half a foot of snow!

We got a total of 3 inches with a crust on top... turned to rain mid afternoon... ugh. Managed to give the truck a little test in some side streets, but nothing worth mentioning :(:thumbsdown:

Come to Craig Colorado if you want snow. We moved up here 4 weeks ago. Up until Sunday there has been anywhere from 2-4 ft of snow in my yard. Since we have lived here I think it has snowed a little over 3 ft. And since we are in a mountain town the temps stay mostly below freezing so the snow doesnt go away. We used to get decent snow in Ft. Collins CO but this is a bit of an adjustment just because it doesnt melt it just keeps piling up.

Yeah, all we got was like 2" of snow, then it turned over to sleet/freezing rain. That half inch of ice was more trouble than 2" of snow....even today, with the roads dry and the sun shining, people were still going 12mph, because....oh look, there's snow in that guys yard!!!

64 degrees this afternoon. It was nice and warm in the sun. Of course, we will have drought conditions in summer...

Say, send a bastage storm out here to the west coast, we welcome it...

B