Rear Frame Pics

magregor

I was wondering if anyone with a '95 Pathy could post some pics of the rear section of the frame (4 dr)? The area most important is from the body mount in front of the rear wheel to the cross-link behind the spring saddles... I am rebuilding the frame on mine and the crossmember for the rear-end pivot links broke clear of the frame. I have boxed in and repaired most of the frame, but I don't want to weld the crossmember in the wrong spot and throw the rear-end alignment out, etc.

post-8947-1232922809_thumb.jpg

I was wondering if anyone with a '95 Pathy could post some pics of the rear section of the frame (4 dr)? The area most important is from the body mount in front of the rear wheel to the cross-link behind the spring saddles... I am rebuilding the frame on mine and the crossmember for the rear-end pivot links broke clear of the frame. I have boxed in and repaired most of the frame, but I don't want to weld the crossmember in the wrong spot and throw the rear-end alignment out, etc.

post-8947-1232922809_thumb.jpg

It's dark now, but I'll try to get you some pix tomorrow. I have a 95 SE so that should help you out.

It's dark now, but I'll try to get you some pix tomorrow. I have a 95 SE so that should help you out.

Thanks jpawela :itsallgood: I am new to Nissan trucks and premature rust on frames, but not to fabricating and repairing...I have never seen a frame on a truck go like this before! The rest of the truck is in really good shape, so I hate to scrap it for a few bad spots...I have the body about 12 inches off the frame so I can get at everything and do the job right the first time. I hear these trucks are pretty tough otherwise.

Thanks Again

hmm if I had read this sooner I would have snapped a couple pics fro you. Mine is a 2Dr but the frames are the same design.

You might think about finding one locally and taking a first hand look (maybe pics too) of one, or a wrecking yard. As I am sure you know, seeing it for yourself would be much better than just a picture :aok:

Any help? Snapped them tonight of the 2dr 94 I've got on it's side :aok: shame freight wasn't cheaper, I could cut off the bit you need and send it to you :lol:

If you need anything else just holler

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

That is FANTASTIC!!! I wish my frame looked like that! Hopefully when it is done, it will resemble something more than holes and rust flakes! Thanks VERY much for the pics, it gives me more confidence in where to place the crossmember.

In a certain section of the FSM it has the measurements on where things are supposed to go on the frame. I don't remember where though. Someone else may know.

I saw that you're in quebec, how close to ontario are you?

Edited by adamzan

In a certain section of the FSM it has the measurements on where things are supposed to go on the frame. I don't remember where though. Someone else may know.

I saw that you're in quebec, how close to ontario are you?

I live basically on the Quebec side of the Ottawa River. I work in Ottawa, but live in Gatineau...only a 10 minute commute (when there is no traffic)...

As far as the measurements go, I see in the pics that the crossmember is roughly +- 1/2" away from the Coil Spring Saddle. I suppose I could put the rear end in and mount the pivots in place, position the crossmember on the frame and fully compress and extent the axle to make sure it moves freely...the only issue is the "dog-tracking" if I don't line it up properly and equally on both sides. The truck isn't going to see much pavement, but it would be nice if I did decide to put it on the road, it would be going straight!