Anyone up for some light wheeling in the next couple of weekends?

unccpathfinder

But theres a wicked rumble in the cabin while in 4WD. Someone suggested maybe a broken spider gear? Any thoughts? It only happens when turning in 4WD.

could be as CV joint. out of balance or even busted.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also what time are we meeting in SJ?

We could meet at like 830 or 9? i dunno how early you want to be there. Also, i think it might be a good idea to swap cell numbers with everyone. Mine is 219-771-4899 and my name is oliver.

You know guys... i might not go. I'm just not up to waking up that early and trailering my rig for 2.5 hours both ways for a day a wheeling. Maybe next time, i just worked my butt off this week and im just not up for so much driving.

Noooo Yozsi.. I'd rather go later than have someone not go... I was just saying cause mark wanted to be there early he will survive :P 830 to 9 is fine..... Probably better for me anyway since I'm going to be drinking tonight ha

ok. Like I said I am flexible.

If you guys want to meet at Hollister at like 9:30 - 10:00. I am fine with that.

What time were the toyota guys going to get there?

Let me know if that is ok with you guys.

My cell Number is 650-796-6672

Mark

Edited by msavides

pffft, i'm leaving my house at 5 to make it there by 830, ya bunch of nancies :ar15: lol

but the Toyota guys are gonna be there around 830-9, so that's when i'll be there to drop off my friend w/ them. so i guess that means i won't be stopping by in SJ.

see ya'll there tomorrow morning!

pffft, i'm leaving my house at 5 to make it there by 830, ya bunch of nancies :ar15: lol

but the Toyota guys are gonna be there around 830-9, so that's when i'll be there to drop off my friend w/ them. so i guess that means i won't be stopping by in SJ.

see ya'll there tomorrow morning!

I am leaving at 5:30am as well. there is plenty to do in Hollister until the meeting time. No worries.

Yozzi , We will have to catch you next time. I kinda wanted to see your truck. I have been toying with the SAS idea but want to keep its road manners. I wanted to see what made you truck have to be towed. I am kinda leaning toward not doing a SAS now..

Edited by msavides

I am leaving at 5:30am as well. there is plenty to do in Hollister until the meeting time. No worries.

Yozzi , We will have to catch you next time. I kinda wanted to see your truck. I have been toying with the SAS idea but want to keep its road manners. I wanted to see what made you truck have to be towed. I am kinda leaning toward not doing a SAS now..

Ahh, no highway driving because of bad rear geometry, soft springs, and no sway bars. Yea, catch you guys later. :(

So since everyones bailing out. That leaves me, joebob, msavides, and statutoryape. And both msavides and statutoryape are going to be at hollister at 830. So joebob its up to us to be the rebeliious ones. Im callin you now.

Let's see. Well here's my side. Broken new CV. Steering is WAY off and VERY loose (cant stay straight, falls to the left or right). Tires stance is \ / on road. Tranny is shaking insanely hard as I start now. Tires makes chirp/ whirl/ skid sounds all the time now. Brakes makes a high pitch squeal noise every 50 ft the car moves. Oh..... AND OPEN DIFF SUCK!

All in all it was awesome to wheeling again. But a hefty bill is to come.

PS Uncc, you dont happen to have a spare nissan hardbody in the back of your truck do you?

Noticed a few things. I drove the truck home from Hollister which is like an hour drive at most, and my tires are almost blad!!! The tires sit like \ / and the tires make chirp / skid/ whirling noises all the time while on road. And when I get out from the truck the tires smell like I have been burning out all day. The steering wont stay straight, it falls to the left or right and stays like that during a turn. It doesnt straighten out at all. I have to grip the steering wheel hard to get it go straight. And when it does the steering wheel is tilted right.

The vigorous jumping when the truck starts in 2wd is back but I think its due to my tires not being worn evenly (outiside lugs are big lug no lug big lug no lug). Since my tires toe in really hard I think the jumpping is from that but Im not sure. When I start slowly the actual stick jumps up and down then transfers into the frame and I hear the clunking start again. I checked the muffler mounts and they all are still in tact. But I did notice in the rear that the broken sway bar did hit the muffler (i could see marks). Rear drive shaft center bearing still has the same amount of play before I went to hollister.

Help!

Damage pics

Looks like you have 3 or 4 bent tie rod ends, the idler arm bushings are shot, and i bet the center link is fawked too. That is the reason i got rid of the ifs, even after i had the stage 3 steering.