6 disk radio

hoboamy

Okay, I'm back!!!

Been scratching my head with this one. I have the factory Bose 6 disk in dash changer in my Pathy. About 3 weeks ago, I started noticing that the CD's were skipping. (I love my Christmas music, especially TSO, turned up really loud :jig: ) I checked the disk and there were no scratches on it and I cleaned the CD head with a cleaning disk. But it is still skipping. I don't want to change out the radio for an after market because I love having the controls on the Steering wheel. Any other suggestions out there? Do you know of any after market radios that will work with the steering wheel controls?

Thanks,

Amy from B'ham

do other cds work? if they do it might just be that cd that it doesnt like. Try testing with a few cds to test. Also does it skip when you hit bumps or will it do it when your sitting stil. Like try testing it if the car is isnt running and your just chillin in the driveway. Also you could spend the extra money and find someone who is selling their factory one like yours because they bought a aftermarket one.

It does it in all of the cd's and with different ones. I noticed again last night when I was waiting on my husband to get back in the car and also when we got home. I even tried a new cd that I bought last night and it still skipped. Do you know of any after market ones that will allow me to use the controls on the steering wheel. I love not having to take my hands off the wheel to change the cd's or turn up the volumn.

Thanks though...

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127SWIX/PAC-S...=3405&avf=N

for the steering wheel controls, this will work with your aftermarket radio..just make the new unit has an infrared receiver on it (has a remote control)... this way you can make this device learn the actions that you need it to do from your steering wheel...

I'm sure there's others... crutchfield is pretty complete as far as information as these..

S.

Thanks for the info from Cruchfield. I am also going to call a aquintence of mine who ones a car stereo shop that is local and see what he says. Thanks for the link too. My husband has already checked this out and it is an option for us... Really don't want to give up the 6 cd changer though... :(

Your lucky to get what life you did get from that Bose.

The 2001 and some 2002 (including my ex) had real issues with the Bose 6 CD changer, with some people having to rip the things open to get their CD's out.

Do a search on the forum to find all the grisly details.

OK, I did it for you: Bose 6 CD Changer Issues Thread

Your Welcome!

Well, went by my local guys business this weekend and will be putting in an Alpine Stereo with CD and Ipod capabilities. He has the wiring adaptor that will allow the use of the steering wheel controls for $85.00. Not sure how much $$ will be invested for the installation and parts, but am looking forward to having a CD player again. There are no decent radio stations here in Alabama, so I need my CDs and Ipod. Thanks for all of your help... :wiggle: