IMG_3171.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg

IMG_3173.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's an easy one if you ask me!

You've been the only owner, you know your machine inside out..according to your post she has never let you down...give her some more TLC and you're good to go for another 200,000km. Come on, it's a pathfinder we're talking about here ! :-)

If you're gona redo the suspension, put her the AC coils, get 2 inch of lift, new shocks, new struts and a little extra (for the bigger tires) and you'll discover a completly competent trail machine !

no need for more posts... go do it !

That is something you need to ask yourself and everyone that is around you, do you have the $ to do the maintenance if you do decide then go for it.. ive seen many more miles than what you are sitting on and last awhile after the right maintenance..

I know a guy up here who has like 700,000 on his pathfinder. It's just broken in!

:omg: Now that is a bunch of miles. Thanks for the posts guys. I guess

I'll start with the "Death Wobble". Seems like it will be the easiest way

to get the old mechanical juices flowing.

:omg: Now that is a bunch of miles. Thanks for the posts guys. I guess

I'll start with the "Death Wobble". Seems like it will be the easiest way

to get the old mechanical juices flowing.

Oh thats kilometers. But still, a lot!

Does someone have a kit? I think I do want to do it.

Yes there is a kit that you can buy, prices vary from about 560 to 800 plus, depending on the quality of the lift you get. But check out the pinned thread at the top of the page of topics, you will find all of the information you need there. And here is a liink to the main supplier for all your nissan needs- Automotive Customizers

https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/index.php?...h=435_437_341_8

Like most everyone here, I think it would be great to see you keep going with it.

Note even after you do all this maintenance, there may other things that end up going too (fuel pump, axle bearings or whatever) that you had not counted on necessarily. If that doesn't bother you, than no reason not to fix it.

Can you do a lot of the work youself? If so, it will certainly be cheaper than replacing the vehicle.

It looks nearly rust free. Body and paint are often the most expensive repairs (at least here in the rust belt).

It does, but not an external one. It's inside the rad. All Pathfinders with AT have that. The ones in the R50's didn't seem to have the clogging issue that the WD21's did....how's your fluid look?

It does, but not an external one. It's inside the rad. All Pathfinders with AT have that. The ones in the R50's didn't seem to have the clogging issue that the WD21's did....how's your fluid look?

I thought this might be one->

IMG_3177.jpg

I'm sorry about all the newbie questions. But I'm looking forward to freshening her up.

Edited by RonNC

Hmm.....that does look like a tranny cooler. Trace the lines, if they go back to the tranny, that's your cooler.

That fluid is a little brown, maybe time for a flush/fill.

This is the stuff I have in my cart so far. I'll do the lift kit when my tires are toast.

Is there anything I should add for the suspension?

Pathfinder Front Lower Control Arm Front Bushings

Pathfinder Trailing Arm Bushings

CV Axle Assembly

Trailing Arm Bolts

How do your sway bar links/bushings look? Always good to get new bushings :D

BTW, those CV axles are great. The centre shaft has a thicker diameter so they're a bit beefier than the OEM CV's! :aok:

How do your sway bar links/bushings look? Always good to get new bushings :D

BTW, those CV axles are great. The centre shaft has a thicker diameter so they're a bit beefier than the OEM CV's! :aok:

I wouldn't even know what those look like, lol.

Is a control arm and trailing arm the same thing?

I wouldn't even know what those look like, lol.

Is a control arm and trailing arm the same thing?

i think most people refer to the "A" shaped piece in a McPherson suspension, as the control arm.

trailing arm is the lower link that connects rear axle to the body or frame.

Truthfully, i always refer to the rear trailing arm as a "rear control arm" and even though its incorrect, people usually know what im talking about.

Edited by FUELER

Truthfully, i always refer to the rear trailing arm as a "rear control arm" and even though its incorrect, people usually know what im talking about.

Theres alot of people you HAVE to use the incorrect terms for them to figure it out.