What size bolts to remove crank pulley?

jwestpnw

Does any one know what size bolts fit into the crank pulley? I bought a puller and it came with plenty of bolts but none of them fit. My pathy is a 1998. It looks like they are 6mm x 1.25, but I can't find that size bolt anywhere so I figure it must be something else.

Thanks-

Edited by jwestpnw

Does this help? http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?s=&amp...st&p=204041

Maybe you have some crap in the threads.

I thought that too, but I didn't want to wreck the threads by forcing in the wrong size bolt.

I guess I could just try the 6mm x 1.00 and if it does mess it up just re-tap to the other size.

I bought a H/B puller and the bolts were all to big. I found in my nuts and bolts containers 2 PERFECT bolts. (see pic)

IIRC they are out of a Subaru timing cover :aok: I fitted a bigger washer to them too.

The 1st timing belt I did I used an old brake pad and drilled 2 holes in it :lol:

Bolts.jpg

I bought a H/B puller and the bolts were all to big. I found in my nuts and bolts containers 2 PERFECT bolts. (see pic)

IIRC they are out of a Subaru timing cover :aok: I fitted a bigger washer to them too.

The 1st timing belt I did I used an old brake pad and drilled 2 holes in it :lol:

Bolts.jpg

Do you have any idea what size the threads are on those bolts?

Any chance it's a 5mm x 1.00

I doubt it as the most commonly used metric thread pitch for 5mm diameter is .8mm

m6x1.0, m5x.8, m4x.7, m3x.5, m2.5x.45, m2x.4, m1.6x.35

If the bolt binds within 1 turn, you have a dirty hole (shaddap), damaged threads or significantly wrong bolt thread.

Also, if you have to tap a metric thread bolt,calculate the minor thread diameter (core hole size) by subtract 1 thread pitch from the bolt major diameter and dividing it by 25.4.

Example:M6x1. would be (6-1)/25.4=.1968"

M6x1. is the metric version of a 1/4-20. 1/4-20=.250" major diameter, .196-207" minor, .050" thread pitch. M6=.236" major dia, .193-.201" minor, .0394" thread pitch.

Yes, I have tapped a few of both... :shrug:

B