'90 2dr owners help me with body lift

pktzygt

Here's a little preliminary info. I own a 1990 2 door Pathfinder, VG30E and everything. So, I noticed that a certain suppler of parts for our trucks had 2 choices for body lifts listed on their website.

Choice A: 1987-1989

Choice B: 1990-1995

Since I have a 1990 2 door, I sent an email to ask which one to order. They replies promptly and politely that Nissan stopped making the 2door in 1989. We all know that this is not true, but I still don't know which body lift to order. My '90 2door seems to be the lovechild of an '89 2dr and a '90 4dr. So which body kit do I get, or should I search for a different brand.

Thanks,

Sean

Order the one for an 89, and you'll be fine. Though you have a 90 model year/build date, it is a left over 89 body that was used.

Thanks,

I figured that's what it was, but since it has the new motor, who knows what else is new. I'll order it today.

Thanks again,

Sean

Here's a little preliminary info. I own a 1990 2 door Pathfinder, VG30E and everything. So, I noticed that a certain ... They replies promptly and politely that Nissan stopped making the 2door in 1989. We all know that this is not true...

maybe somone esle has the actual number, but I thought nissan only made like 500 2doors in 1990 which makes em pretty rare and IMO the best of both worlds; the 90+ MPFI engine and the 2 door body which is a few hundred lbs lighter thatn the 4 door.

for any body/chasis related items pretend you have an 89 and for any engine related items say you have a 90.

lol In a few years I'll be buying 97 timing belts for my 89 (after I do a 3.3 swap)

Is there really a difference between the 2 kits anyway? My dilema being everywhere I contact tells me get the newer kit since I have a 93 Bumper on the front and plans of one for the back(not that I would use the brackets supplied from what I've heard some people on here complaining about)

Since I have a 1990 2 door, I sent an email to ask which one to order. They replies promptly and politely that Nissan stopped making the 2door in 1989. We all know that this is not true, but I still don't know which body lift to order. My '90

I see your question got answered, but I'll add this anyway :D

91 2dr in my sig (VG30E)

Also had a 94 Diesel 2dr, see pics. E-mail him back and ask him if his head is up his a$$ for the warmth :lol: j/k

137701e448be4b96bcb7bb2ce05bc4a60_large.jpg

03919037a18bf2f15545d2a353797dae0_large.jpg

Is there really a difference between the 2 kits anyway? My dilema being everywhere I contact tells me get the newer kit since I have a 93 Bumper on the front and plans of one for the back(not that I would use the brackets supplied from what I've heard some people on here complaining about)

There are a couple more bolts on the 4-door. That's it as far as I know.

I really don't think AC is fair in charging 10-20 extra dollars for 4 extra bolts.

Nope....no MORE bolts. Different bolts. The body is still held to the frame using 10 bolts, whether 2dr or 4dr. The rearmost bolts are different in the 4dr application, hence the new bolts provided by AC.

There are a couple more bolts on the 4-door. That's it as far as I know.

I really don't think AC is fair in charging 10-20 extra dollars for 4 extra bolts.

I don't think that I mentiones AC at all. ;) I was trying to be nice. Once I install the lift I plan on talking to them about updating their site. That way I have definitive proof with pics if needed.