Broken Exhaust Studs

Punkfinder

'93 SE-V6 here

Has anyone ever had this done in a shop or know what an approximate fair price would be? Let's say there are 2 broken studs and I'd like to have all replaced at once...

I'd give this a shot myself but it is damn cold here now and I don't have a heated garage nor the time to tackle this before winter really sets in.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Punkfinder

ik a guy here in minnesota that did mine for 160 bucks plus i paid 60 bucks to get my old manifold planed flat becuase a new manifild will just warp again my old one wont. Hes a great mechanic can do and build anything you need him to lol. @!*% if you can make a jeep cherrokee on 33" tires and a 3" body lift run 11 seconds in the 1/4 id say your pretty damn good haha

I broke an easy out in 1 and decided I also was not gonna do it outside so for over 600 bucks I had 3 broken ones and the other 9 replaced, I also had my headders done @ the same time. I was gonna do the headders myself but I figured why put the old manifolds back on if I already had the headders right? then I found out the the first guy who tried to order me headders from thorley would have done it for under 500 broken studs and all!

@!*% if you can make a jeep cherrokee on 33" tires and a 3" body lift run 11 seconds in the 1/4 id say your pretty damn good haha

cherokees are unibodies, not possible to have a body lift

i was quoted 800 for all the studs, 2 were broken in the block. ended up replacing the studs with bolts when i was installing my headers

cherokees are unibodies, not possible to have a body lift

i was quoted 800 for all the studs, 2 were broken in the block. ended up replacing the studs with bolts when i was installing my headers

well whatever its lifted must be suspension then it has 6.5'' lift now. Read the comments

Heres the video

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Fast-Je...-Ran_132254.htm

Edited by edicer2

#1) it completely depends on where you live, auto repair costs on the west coast seem to charge quite a bit more than in the midwest.

#2) It depends on how "Shady" or "reputable" you want to go. A local exhaust shop of mine said they would charge me $500-ish and my local dealership quoted me $1400.. And the local Japanese auto wanted to charge me $900-$1000.

Be sure to ask if they will charge you more per broken stud... One place quoted me $400 but also $100 per broken stud on top of the $400. I ended up having 3 broken studs, so it would have cost me $700... but if 6 or 7 are broken you are sunk.

As others have said, it is much easier if you have a body lift because it gives you easier access to the studs on the passenger side.

Figure $100-$150 for parts... When you get your studs replaced replace all of them. And if you are worrying about saving money and your manifolds are not cracked you can just tell them to re-surface and re-use them.

-Mike

Edited by MadManMike