Something better than meth!

mws

Go wayyyyyy out in a forest and blow your brains out. Do it. Now.

Or shove a stick of dynamite up your butt and light it.

Either will get the same results, and you will cause all your loved ones a whole lot less pain.

Stupid selfish A-holes.

Yikes. I take it this is the follow up to your previous thread asking our opinions on how to help your friends?

Sorry it's taken (presumably) a turn for the worse. :(

Yeah, pretty much... Sorry to hear things are turning out like expected.

Or shove a stick of dynamite up your butt and light it.

Actually, I think this is a bad idea. Some one else could get hurt, not to mention thats a hell of a mess for someone to find...

How about going swimming in an aligator infested bayou with steak nailed to your feet?

B

Steak sneakers in a swamp is OK as well.

The key is going way out in the forest. A forest with lots of bears.

Leaving a mess for others is equally selfish.

A friend walked into her house to find her mother had eaten a shotgun in the living room. To this day I can't imagine what she was thinking to leave that for her daughter....

Why are people so dammed selfish???????????? I'm angry. Really angry. This seems to go against all it means to be a human.

Edited by mws

Anybody want to come over to my place tonight for some cheerful casual conversation?

I'm sure I could be a riot...

Thank goodness we're going on a long scooter ride this weekend. I need some time to process this stuff and strengthen up. My friends need me strong, and right now, I'm weakening by the second. Sequestered anger is not healthy. I need to accept the selfish addicts' and not be so angry as it does not help.

To this day I can't imagine what she was thinking to leave that for her daughter....

That's the thing, she wasn't. I can't begin to understand how people who do that don't think of those they leave behind. You have to be long gone from your right mind to not think your daughter would care.

Sequestered anger is not healthy. I need to accept the selfish addicts' and not be so angry as it does not help.

EX - actly!!!!

I didnt want to post in the other thread as i thought that might come off as insensitive. I have grown up with meth all around me (in my neighborhood). My long-time next door neighbors are severely addicted to meth. One has been sent to prison several times for it and still won't stop.

In my opinion, you just can't stop them. It is way too strong of a drug and it just takes over. The brain damage is permanent.

My opinion is to just let it go. But i know it must be hard when the person in question is actually family or good friends. See all the crackheads in my neighborhood are simply neighbors so its easy for me to say "let it go and dont worry bout it, its their choice anyways" it must be a lot harder for you.

Good luck with the situation.

Exactly - I have to let it go. I have to be maximum support for my friends and somehow accept their siblings selfishness. I am not even going to consider forgiving them at this point. I just have to accept the reality of what they have done.

I just can't get how people choose this!!!

I'm no puritan, god no. I have my addictions and did my irresponsible antics. But to choose something guaranteed to ruin you. WTF?????

Ooops... anger rising. Back to accept. They are what they are. They chose long ago to end their existence as meaningful humans. They are the walking dead.

I need to accept that.

Stupid frucks.

well i dont know about the loss of meaning and walking dead..... they are still people, just all hopped up on hard drugs. They still have a good time. Dont look at it so bad.

Exactly - I have to let it go.

I don't know you in person, or very well on the board, but I will completely agree and understand if you have an extremely hard time just "letting go". Myself, I can't "let it go" like everyone tells me until in MY mind, it is finished.

I wish you well :)

I also didn't post in the other thread because I AM insensitive and don't feel sorry for people when they do things to themselves...that being said, I hope YOU can move past this and continue to be a rock for your friends, I am often in the same situation with friends and they turn to me when they are done with bull@!*% because they know I will tell them straight up what I think...

good luck bud, remember that YOUR health is more important than anyone else except wife and kids...

Thank you all, and especially the extra special offer from Kit.

The ride did me very well! Several hours of un-interrupted thought usually does it. I was also visiting some wise friends that helped.

I still think the meth-heads are stupid and inexcusably mega-selfish, but I am closer to accepting them for what they are.

The sad reality is that it is almost inevitable that each and every one of us are going to be touched by this. Once initiated, meth is a lifetime problem, and it continues to spread.

i read the posts in this thread and missed what was in the other but I instantly thought of this video...I met Jeff Bates before a concert in NC while he was strung out and I didn't really realize it then but then when i read about it all I thought that it was pretty amazing since very few recover. I don't know if it'll help or not but I figured I'd share it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVTXls4FOKw

My 2nd family (to whom i often refer to as my real family) had their daughter whom calls me brother and shes my little sister got hooked on coke to the point she was stealing stuff from the house and giving up sex for a fix. It got to the point she owed several thousands of $ and a dealer showed up to the house with 2 options money or someone was going to die...the guy didnt get a warm response from pops who responded by pulling out his 357 and asking the guy kindly to leave and the $ would get to him and if he or anyone else ever returned to the house it wouldnt be pretty for anyone (i personally wouldnt have done this but it was his reaction) just prior to this she had approached her mom in desperation asking for help b/c she realized that if she didnt stop either the drugs or someone else was going to kill her. She went to rehab for a while and got out and stayed clean of everything for a while a couple months after that we were at their house at the beach and she came walking back up to the house and I knew she had been up to no good so we sat and talked for a long time she had some beers and was hanging back out with some old friends and they started smoking pot so she joined in. I didn't say anything to her parents for years but since then she has cleaned up and has 2 kids (only and had her 1st 1 at 18) but those kids have kept her in the right and she told me if she ever got close to any other drugs she would call and i told her i would come get her just to walk away...I'm sure shes probably smoked a joint or 2 here and there but I don't believe she's jumped back onto the hardcore stuff...so I guess with that I'm saying that there's always a little hope and sometimes people just wake up to the real world and figure out and some dont...their family was judged hard by folks in town and she has had several close friends die from ODs but none would listen to her.

I would try to limit the anger as hard as it is b/c it is what it is when she walked up stoned I wanted to beat the @!*% out of her but I chose to talk b/c that is what she needed not an ass chewing even though she got it but with a positive approach in that I wasn't going to say anything to her parents which i didnt until enough time had passed that it didnt matter

Hang in there...it'll all work out for the best in the end even if the best doesnt seem so good in the present and the future looks pretty grim with time it will get better