Max tire size VS Lift Kit Used VS Custom or OE Wheels

fleurys

Yeah you can do that but you will have to do some trimming of the fender & part of the front bumper (especially at stock height) but unless you have like a 12.50 wide tires then you wouldn't want to go with that wide of a rim. I've seen a 32x11.50 tire on a 15x10 rim but I wouldn't recommend it (just because the tire shop says it can be done doesn't mean that it should be done).

Thanks, Boston. :D

I'm still deciding on wheels, but I know for once I go SFD, tires will be 33x12.5 for sure. My guess is a 10" wide wheel will be ideal. As for trimming, I'm hoping to keep it to as little as possible. TJM will be installed, too, which should help clearance.

Thanks, Boston. :D

I'm still deciding on wheels, but I know for once I go SFD, tires will be 33x12.5 for sure. My guess is a 10" wide wheel will be ideal. As for trimming, I'm hoping to keep it to as little as possible. TJM will be installed, too, which should help clearance.

I cut the hell outta my front bumper when I was still stock height any how. I cut off everything under the turn signals:

IMG_0174.jpg

I cut the hell outta my front bumper when I was still stock height any how. I cut off everything under the turn signals:

IMG_0174.jpg

You ran 32"s on stock height didn't you? What kind of rubbing did you get with/without the bumper surgery?

You ran 32"s on stock height didn't you? What kind of rubbing did you get with/without the bumper surgery?

Those were worn out tires too, but there was a good bit of rubbing up front (the rear was fine). I completely took out the plastic liner up front & I could've just cut about an 1-1.5" diagonal on the corner of the front bumper, but then I thought, what would be the fun of that?! It rubbed the strut tower really bad but that was in the begining because I still had stock rims but after I got my 15x8's with the 3.68" of BS that stopped.

Year: 1995

Lift: 3" BL / 3" SL

Wheels: 15x8

Tires: BFG AT KO 33x12.50 / 15

Notes: Trimmed front fender at the corner near the bumper. Rear tires rub frame slightly at full flex.

post-19560-1243017829_thumb.jpg

Year: 1992

Lift: none

Wheels: Stock 15x6 chrome

Tires: BFG AT KO 32x11.50 / 15

Notes: No rubbing in rear. Trimmed fender flare only. Very slight rub on pitman at full lock and compression.

Year: 1992

Lift: none

Wheels: Stock 15x6 chrome

Tires: BFG AT KO 32x11.50 / 15

Notes: No rubbing in rear. Trimmed fender flare only. Very slight rub on pitman at full lock and compression.

If I am not mistaken you are in the wrong section with that KovmanN... these are R50's (97-2004) not WD21's (86.5-95) but eh, thakns for the imput.

If I am not mistaken you are in the wrong section with that KovmanN... these are R50's (97-2004) not WD21's (86.5-95) but eh, thakns for the imput.

Definitely the wrong section. Sorry.

So the census is make sure you have at least 3.75" BS for 15x10's?

Why wouldnt you recommend a 32x11.5 on a 15x10? just curious. I seen a 15x10 with 31x10.5's before. looked stupid because the sidewalls were actually going in instead of out (weird). But i think a 11.5 would keep the side wall atraight up and down. If anything, I'm sure with good trimming the 15x10 with 3" BS should work...At least I hope...Only one way to find out for sure right?

So the census is make sure you have at least 3.75" BS for 15x10's?

Why wouldnt you recommend a 32x11.5 on a 15x10? just curious. I seen a 15x10 with 31x10.5's before. looked stupid because the sidewalls were actually going in instead of out (weird). But i think a 11.5 would keep the side wall atraight up and down. If anything, I'm sure with good trimming the 15x10 with 3" BS should work...At least I hope...Only one way to find out for sure right?

Who wouldn't recommed a 32x11.5 on a 15x10? Perhaps on a R50 it wouldn't be very good unless you were rocking a subframe drop. But a 15x8 would be sufficient for a 32x11.5 wheel. :aok:

As to the census regarding backspacing, I think the debate is still ongoing as to what's best. I've been told a 15x10 wheel with 4" BS should be fine for 33" or 35" flot. tires but I'm still having my doubts. :lol:

Who wouldn't recommed a 32x11.5 on a 15x10? Perhaps on a R50 it wouldn't be very good unless you were rocking a subframe drop. But a 15x8 would be sufficient for a 32x11.5 wheel. :aok:

As to the census regarding backspacing, I think the debate is still ongoing as to what's best. I've been told a 15x10 wheel with 4" BS should be fine for 33" or 35" flot. tires but I'm still having my doubts. :lol:

Time will tell

I'm buying some 31" BFG A/Ts that come with 6bolt chev rims. I recall reading that chevy rims will fit the pathfinder, but I also remember reading that they won't fit over the front hubs. Which is right? I have stock suspension with the stock drive flanges (no manual hubs).

For $200 it would be stupid not to pick up these tires and I have no problem selling the rims and buying new ones if they don't fit.

Anyone run chevy rims? Can I run chevy rims?

• Like 1

Which chevy rims are they? Ive seen those 5 spoke (the bif fat spokes at like sort of an angle) from a onld Tahoe on an R50. The cap could even be put back on to cover the hubs no problem.

Anyone think this will work? I hope so i already ordered the combo hahahha. 275/70/16 tires mounted on a 16x9 rim. The tires are 31.2x10.8. I think i will have be ok height wise with the strut but width wise i am a little nervous.

thanks

you should be fine. Whats the back spacing on the wheels?

The wheel has a 4.5" backspace. I am hoping it will be enough my bro has the same backspace on his pathy he has 31x10.5 tires and he has over an inch to spare around his strut so i am hoping it will be good.

The wheel has a 4.5" backspace. I am hoping it will be enough my bro has the same backspace on his pathy he has 31x10.5 tires and he has over an inch to spare around his strut so i am hoping it will be good.

4.5" should be fine. I think the absolute maximum is 4.75"-5". :scratchhead: